chapt 58 • Perfect For Me

I can't count how many times I've read the letter

The same words have now written themselves in my brain and I could recite them without looking.

The last sentence is the one I read over and over, never had I thought Honey Rose would be the one asking me to go on a date with her.

The girl who didn't like dates, who never saw herself being treated well or finding someone, asked me on a date after telling me she misses me and wants to explain everything to me.

The rest of the letter was telling me the address of the date and I knew where it was the moment I read it out loud.

It was at the library close to the academy, the same place I had hoped to share with her but she couldn't make it, the place I had hoped would count as our first time out together, she had asked me to meet her there as a date.

My heart hasn't stopped jumping rapidly since I read the letter and it beats faster every time I reread it just to read her telling me she wants to see me.

I was worried that she was going to tell me the opposite. If she did I don't think I could have handled that.

"You've been smiling since last night, something from the university?" Mother smiles as well as she places a breakfast plate down on the table.

She knew exactly why I was smiling but my father drank his coffee without a clue.

Father has always told me someone like Honey was going to be a distraction and she was but she was my favorite, even if I went on that date and everything goes the way I hope it will and father doesn't approve, he would have to disapprove by himself.

"I checked their housing but I think it would be better for you to live off campus" Father injects himself before I can answer, "The apartments look calmer and it should give you space to study without disruptions"

"What about a roommate? Someone you're more than comfortable with" Mother gives me a knowing eye and I know who she's talking about.

"Whoever you pick, make sure they benefit you" Father inputs, putting down the papers he had been reading before beginning to eat his food.

I hurried to finish my food before going upstairs and spending the entire evening trying to find out what to wear and what to say.

I was mixed with excitement to see her and fear of what she'd say.