chapt 37 • Something's Off

Even after snoozing my alarm twice, I was still tired

Even after snoozing my alarm twice, I was still tired. I yawned over five times in the past hour of sitting in the dining hall.

What wasn't making it any better were the dirty stares Madelyn shined across the room as if I had possibly done something to ruin her morning.

To the side of me, Charolette was twisting her pencil about, something going on in that mind of hers probably filled with cherry lollipops.

"Is everyone just... off today?" She snaps out of whatever daze she was recently stuck in.

"Off? Off how? I'm not off, you are! Okay, I'm off, I'm way off" She sighs and slouches further into her chair.

"I don't have to ask because I know any second now you're going to"—

"Astra has been a lot more passionate lately...when I say passionate I mean, we've been having longer um... sessions that have to do with our mouths but recently she's been hinting to want to do more, and I've never done more and I don't think I can do more... I mean I want to do more but it would be my first time doing more... and now I'm rambling again and oh God" She lets out the biggest breath and lays her head on the table.

"Charolette are you trying to tell me that Astra wants the two of you to have sex but you're nervous because it's your first time?" She makes an incoherent sound in the form of yes.

"She tried to um... go further than my chest and I got all nervous and asked her to stop and went to my room and now I think she thinks I don't want her" She looks up at me with genuine sad eyes.

"I highly, highly doubt she thinks that. Anyone from a mile away can tell that you want her."

"I-It's not that obvious..." I look at her blankly, "Fine, it's obvious but it's not my fault. Have you seen her? She has really soft lips, they always taste like cherries because they're her favorite fruit..."

"Charolette, talk to her. I'm sure she'd understand if you just explained to her and talked it out and everything will be fine" She nods her head and stands up abruptly.

"Why didn't I think about that? You Honey Rose are a true lifesaver" Charolette hugs me and tells me she'd talk to me later or tomorrow depending on how their talk goes.

And I go back to putting my head back on my arms to close my eyes.

"I've never met a single person who's liked grapefruit" I groan in my arms when someone else sits beside me and telling by the voice it's Jaxon.

I try to ignore him, keeping my head down. "Still worn out from last night? I didn't think I'd tire you out so easily"

I lift my head from my arms, "Nothing happened last night"

"If you call sharing ice cream behind the school and glaring at me every time I said a stupid pick-up line nothing and then laughing when I tried to lift you and you dumped my ice cream cone on my head nothing then you are insane" He adjusts his seating.