Epilogue

This entire morning has been one I know I will remember, from the breakfast Adam made to the long self-care morning Celeste and I just came back from

"I haven't seen him in four weeks of the course. I miss him, speaking to him on the phone isn't enough" I finished packing my room up with the help of Adam.

Alessio moved into our apartment four weeks before me. I wanted to spend a little bit more time with Adam and Celeste before moving away.

I've missed him terribly and hearing his voice on the phone every day hasn't helped that. And only seeing his face through a screen hasn't made it the slightest bit better.

I was leaving for my flight in a couple of hours and spending the rest of my time saying goodbye.

"Seemed like you two have done nothing but call each other since he left. Every time we're talking you're rushing off the second your phone or your laptop begins to ring" Adam says, placing bringing me another empty suitcase.

I zip up my third suitcase and I move on to putting the rest of my belongings in the fourth.

"Four weeks felt like months," I tell him, "I can barely process that we're moving in together"

"Well you need to remember that you have to visit, holidays are non-negotiable and if you don't come back. We're coming over there" He refers to both him and Celeste, who cried before she left to take care of a few things.

"I never thought you'd be the one forcing me to visit after your whole speech about how thankful you are that you get your house back" I helped him take my suitcases downstairs.

"That's because you said my house will return to its boring state while you're gone" We place them in front of the door.

"Was I wrong?" I shrug my shoulders and check the time, I still have three hours before I'm supposed to be at the airport.

"But all jokes aside, you know I will miss you, right? I know you'll do such great things and won't fail to make me even prouder, I love you, Honey, never forget that" Adam's hands are on my shoulders before he's pulling me into a hug.

"I love you too, I miss you already and I haven't even left yet" I hug him back, and I sigh, knowing it's going to be harder than I thought moving away from Adam. After how close we had gotten in such a short period.

The beep of the car outside tells me Celeste is here to take me to the airport.

When Adam pulls away, he's wiping a tear from the corner of his eye before opening the door and carrying my suitcases to the car.

"Are you sure you don't want to come to the airport?" I turn and ask him when he's done putting my suitcases in the trunk.

"If I do, I'll just end up boarding the flight with you. Besides, I have to watch all those stupid movies you told me to watch that I never did."