chapt 53 • Gone For Good

She didn't come to my room last night

I knew she was feeling down but something told me it wasn't about the recent events that have been thrown at her all at once.

But even after all that I've learned about her, my feelings for her never faltered not once. It only made me see how much she's been through by herself and how much she doesn't want to be alone anymore.

In the last couple of days, she's begun to open up but at the same time, I could still see the look of fear in her eyes of something and I didn't like it.

I cursed to myself standing underneath the shower head, water pouring down onto my hair which dripped down my body.

I'd stayed up most of the night waiting for her soft three knocks and then the final one that came exactly five seconds after the last one.

This was the last week before we'd receive our certificates of completion and move on to universities and I still have to break the news to my father, my mother already knows and she's supportive as she is with everything I do.

It felt like the universe was on my side for once when Honey got accepted into the university and decided she was going to take the offer and attend.

With the same major and scholarship as me, it meant that I would get to see more of her... at least I think that's what it means.

I dreaded the idea of what would happen when the last couple of weeks of being here came around and we were at the last week we were still holding onto that deal we made.

A deal with rules that I failed miserably to follow.

I finished in the bathroom and left my room, hoping to see her in the halls but instead, I didn't and the only person who manages to pull me away from my search for my girl is Madelyn.

Instead of her usual wide smile that would make me uncomfortable, her face is contorted in anger and irritation.

"You never came back to help me finish my project! I didn't have enough time to submit one and all university deadlines are over!" She stomps her foot and squints her eyes at me.

The same day I found Noah seconds away from kissing Honey, I was supposed to meet Madelyn in her room to finish her last stage but the thought of being alone with her in her room hadn't sat right with me, and listening to my gut that day, led to a night I won't forget.

"I was stuck in my father's office, helping him with paperwork that night. I'm sorry" I don't want to be standing here, I want to be kissing my girl on her soft, full lips.

"I guess I can forgive you if you agree to take me out on a date" She clasped her hands in front of her and I began to feel bad for my next choice of words but I had to tell her.

"Madelyn... I'm sorry but I don't see you the way you see me" I tell her and the smile on her face drops and returns to that irritating expression.

"Is it because of her?" She presses the subject.