chapt 49 • Her Final Letter & The Truth

warnings - this chapter talks about s**cide & overd*se  & depression (if any of these triggers you, I recommend scrolling until you see an bold X and stop reading and scroll past the next parts until you find the text in Italics that looks like this. )

"I um

"I um... I don't think I can read it.." I feel like an oncoming panic attack is building its way slowly through my body, I can't even look past her name.

I then feel a comforting hand on my lower back and his body moves closer to mine, "Breath, you need to breathe Honey" he rubs my lower back in circles, calming the nerves slightly.

Right now he's making me feel like I can tell him anything and finally stop keeping everything inside, I trust him right now and I was still hoping I wouldn't regret telling him all of this.

"My mother she... she died when I was little so I don't have a lot of memories about her. Only that she loved paintings, she was fascinated with butterflies, and that she was treated poorly by everyone in her life... and in more ways than one we are alike" I dig in my bag for the small photo of my mother that I keep with me and I show Alessio.

"She was more than beautiful... but she didn't think of that of herself" I smile at the photo and it drops when I think about my mother's life.

"I don't... I don't like to talk about how she um, how she died because it's hard to think about.." The tear built up in my eyes, lips down my cheek and onto my lap.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to... you can read the letter and talk about it when you're ready" His hand falls onto my thigh, his thumb reassuring me.

"No, I've spent so long trying to ignore it, and I've never once talked about it unless I was yelling at my father or grandma for trying to pretend they weren't the main reasons for it" I set the letter aside and took a deep breath.

Alessio takes my hand, "I'm here" it causes me to open my eyes, his eyes tell me he's going to listen to everything I have to say and be there when I need him.

I haven't spoken to anyone about my mother, he would be the first and I should be trying to switch our attention from this and be on a lap and kissing his neck and wanting to forget about this but instead, I don't want to.

I actually want to tell someone, tell someone something that pains me to even think about and I want that someone to be him.

"I don't know all of the story but my mother suffered from severe depression, we both suffer from the same condition which caused my Grandma to put us on these pills which don't do any good and make you feel like shit about yourself and cause you to lose sleep" I look down at my lap, my hand in his and I begin to mess with his rings as the lump in my throat slowly builds.

He lifts the bottle from my lap, "Honey... these are almost empty... are you taking them?"

I feel afraid to answer, maybe he'll judge me without even knowing why I'll take them and think of me differently.