Chapter Twenty-Seven

B E L L A M Y

Work on Monday was...interesting.

Kelly didn't look at me as she walked in that morning, tilting her head forward to let her hair fall in front of her face like a curtain.

It wasn't like I made any effort to make eye contact, so about halfway through the day, it got very weird.

Not looking at each other and only exchanging the tiniest comments while you were supposed to work together wasn't a great match, and when we got our third order wrong, I decided to just 'break the ice'.

"Kelly," I said, handing the lady the coffee she actually asked for before turning to face my coworker. "I'll just say it. It's weird."

She frowned, popping her hip as she rested one hand on it. "Excuse me? I didn't know it was illegal to sleep with your brother?"

I groaned, actually hearing the words making it even more real—and disgusting.

Sure, I get that he was a grown man who had sex, but I don't know, it's just not the stuff you want to know anything about from your brother.

"It's not, that's not what I meant," I replied, grabbing a washcloth and cleaning the counter.

"And it's not like you have been a saint, Bella," she added, and I looked up to her with a frown.

"What?"

She suggestively raised her brows, and I shook my head, moving to walk away. But of course, Kelly wasn't done with the conversation.

"Since when have you been fucking Isaac's best friend?" She pointed an accusing finger at me, and I rolled my eyes, opening my mouth to say something, but she stopped me again. "And why did you hide it from me?"

The front door opened, and Maria came walking in. Sure, why not.

"What's going on here?" she asked with a grin, plopping on one of the high seats near the counter.

Kelly crossed her arms, waiting for me to talk. Fine, they would find out one day anyway.

"Noah and I..." I trailed off, trying to find the words. What were we doing? "I had sex with him again."

Maria didn't seem surprised, if anything she seemed worried. "As long as you're good with it."

Oh, my sweet Maria. I was beyond good with it.

"I definitely am." I couldn't help but sport a smirk as I made Maria her usual, and she and Kelly shared a look.

"But Kelly's one to talk," I continued, placing a cup with steaming coffee in front of Maria. "She's having sex with my brother."

I suppressed a shiver that went up my spine.

Maria looked at Kelly, narrowing her eyes. "This is an honest question, and I don't mean anything by it," she said, and I cocked my head to the side, waiting for her to continue. "But aren't you a little young for Isaac?"

My eyes landed on Kelly, who grinned, and it was at that moment that I realized: I had no idea how old Kelly was.

"Exactly how young are you?" I asked, placing one hand on my hip.

"Twenty."

That's actually not too bad. Just nine years.

"What can I say, I like older men," Kelly stated, flipping her ponytail over her shoulder. "And he buys me things."