Chapter 1

Melinda may is stood around the table on the bus when her phone starts ringing. Coulson looks at her and she declines the call. They continue to talk about their mission, when May's phone rings again. 'Just answer it May.' Coulson says annoyed. May gives a slight nod walks out the room and answers the call, 'Jasmine I was in an important meeting what's wrong?' Jasmine doesn't answer but May can hear her heavy breathing on the other end of the phone. 'Jas?' 'Th-they.. S-she..' Jasmine replied stuttering in pure fear, not being able to get the sentence out. 'Jasmine, takes deep breaths then talk to me.' May replied calmly. May heard Jasmine's deep breaths and then her breathing steadied. 'Good, now tell me what's happening?' 'There's people here and they killed rose.' Jasmine replied still crying. 'Ok I'm going to go back into the meeting and put you on speaker. Are you safe where you are?' May asked genuinely concerned. 'Maybe, not for long though, I'm in the basement I shut and locked the door.' May walked back into the meeting room and put her phone on the table with Jasmine on speaker. 'May, what's happening?' Coulson asked confused. They could hear banging from the other end of the phone. 'Jasmine what's happening?!' 'They're trying to break down the door.' 'Jasmine, I need you to describe who they are for me.' Coulson said. 'Um, there's 3 men in like silvery-white hazmat looking suits and there's uhh oh a woman in a flower dress.' She described. They heard a big bang. 'Jasmine! What was that?' May shouted. 'They broke the door down. What do I do!?' Jasmine shouted but whispered at the same time. Ward and Skye looked at each other when Jasmine called may mum. 'Can you take them down?' May asked. 'No, I don't think so there's 3 of them and they all have guns.' 'Just stay hidden Jasmine we're on our way.' Coulson said. They didn't get a response. 'Jas?' May question worry clearly present in her voice. The team had never seen that much emotion in her tone. She still didn't get a response. Then they suddenly heard her gut retching scream and the line cut off. 'Jas!' Simmons shouted tearing up. Jemma and Fitz have known Jasmine since the academy. Jasmine is the same age as Fitzsimmons. May was just stood there with a numb expression on her face. Coulson turned to her, 'May? You okay?' 'Fine. I'm rerouting the plane.' She replied then walked away. No one talked for a few minutes, Fitz walked out with Jemma to comfort her, Ward and Skye just stood there awkwardly not knowing who that was and Coulson was worried for May and jasmine. Skye decided to break the silence, 'Who was that?' 'That was jasmine, she's may's daughter.' Coulson replied. 'May, as in the cavalry, has a daughter?!' Ward questioned as May walked in. 'Don't call me that.' She snarled. 'Right.' 'May, can I talk to you, outside a second.' Coulson asked. May nodded and followed Coulson out. 'Are you ok?' Coulson questioned when they were in the hallway. 'I'm fine.' 'May' Coulson said more sternly. 'Coulson drop it.' May ordered. 'Fine, but you can talk to me.' May just gave a slight nod and walked away back to the cockpit.