Chapter 11

Jasmine walked back into the base and see's people looking down with sad expressions on their faces. She walked into the main room and see's everyone sat there, some with tear stains down their cheeks. 'What's going on?' Jasmine asked making her presence known. No one responds. 'Whats's happening?' She repeats. May looks up and finally speaks, 'Jasmine can I talk to you in the hall please?' 'Sure.' Jasmine said skeptically. May and Jasmine walked into the hallway. 'Mum, what's going on?' She asked once again. 'Jas, it's Jemma.' May said and Jasmine started tearing up thinking the worst. 'She got sucked into the monolith. We don't know if she's alive but the odds are she isn't.' May finished. Jasmine burst into tears and fell to her knees. May crouched down to her and pulled her into a hug. May didn't say anything she just hugged Jasmine while she cried. 'She-she can't be gone. What-what if the monolith took her somewhere, or what if-' Jasmine started rambling before she was cut off by May, 'Jas, I'm really sorry.' 'NO! She's not gone.' Jasmine shouted getting up. 'I'm going to figure this out and I'm going to get her back.' Jasmine said and walked away. May walked back into the room. 'How'd she take it?' Coulson asked. 'Not very well. She refuses to believe she's gone. She was rambling on about the monolith taking Simmons somewhere things like that. It's just denial.' May responded. 'Ok, we'll give her sometime and then we'll talk to her.' Coulson said.