Chapter 10

May walked down the hall to Jasmine's bunker. 'Jas? You in there?' May said as she knocked on the door. There was no answer but May could very faintly hear crying from the other side of the door. 'Jas? I'm coming in, ok?' May said more of a warning than a question. When May opened the door, she saw Jasmine sat on the bed knees to her chest crying. May walked over and sat next to her and pulled her into a hug. 'Jas, what's wrong?' May questioned. 'It's nothing.' Jasmine mumbled. 'If it's about Afterlife I didn't mean to push I just wanted to know why you didn't tell me. We tell each other everything.' Jasmine pulled away from the hug 'It's just,' Jasmine started 'When I was at afterlife after a few weeks I started dating this girl called Mia but one day when I was training, she was watching me but my powers got out of control and,' Jasmine paused as she started crying again. May pulled her back into a hug and stroked her hair. 'Shh, shh, it's ok. Take your time.' May whispered. 'I killed her mum. She died because of me.' Jasmine started crying harder. 'It wasn't your fault Jas.' 'Yes, it was if it wasn't for me, she would still be alive.' 'Shh, its ok.' May whispered over and over again. After about 10 minutes Jasmine stopped crying. 'Thank you, mum.' 'No problem. Shall we go see Simmons she's probably worried about you.' May replied standing up. 'Yeah, let's go.' Jasmine said standing up and following May out of the room. May and Jasmine walk down into the lab where Simmons is working on something. 'What ya working on?' Jasmine said. Simmons turned around and said a bunch of sciency stuff then asked, 'Are you ok? What happened earlier?' 'It's nothing just something happened at afterlife and talking about the place brought back the memory.' Jasmine said sitting down on the table. 'Ok well I'm here if you ever need to talk.' Jemma said and then went back to working on the weird stone they found. 'I'm going out for a walk. Anyone want to come?' 'I would but I have to figure this monolith out. Maybe another time.' Jemma replied with a smile. 'That's fine. Mum how about you?' 'Sorry, sweetie I have paperwork.' May said. 'It's okay. I'll be back in abit.' Jasmine said before walking out. While Jasmine is on her walk Jemma gets taken through the monolith.