⁸🍬: Sprinkles Of Kindness

Kindness is considered to be something that goes a long way. Something that can be easily repaid by returning that kindness with kindness. He remembers wishing that he wasn't so kindhearted in his earlier University years, because his kindness was never repaid and was always taken advantage of. However, his situation now seems to have made it worse. Even receiving a soft smile was hard to come by amongst the scoffs and smirks he was growing accustomed to. That's something he wished he could go back and tell his past self. Tell him that it was better to be kind, even if everyone else is an asshole. At least some people would have more respect for him then.

"Alright-y everyone, class dismissed!" Hongseok - the step-in professor - announced

"Alright-y everyone, class dismissed!" Hongseok - the step-in professor - announced. He was waving his hands in the direction of the door, gesturing for the students to hurry up with packing away their things and to leave. Minho would normally go quickly but today he was more in the mood to take his sweet time and avoid his friends. Talking to them after his outburst this morning was something he wasn't ready for and he most definitely did not want to hear Jisung's reaction at all. The younger wouldn't ever let him hear the end of it. So avoiding the problem seemed the most comfortable choice for him. Though he was aware he couldn't do it forever, unfortunately. "Don't forget: Kyungsoo's going over the paired project next lesson, find yourself a partner for it quickly!"

A sigh slipped Minho's lips as he slung his bag over his shoulder. He dreaded the project, not because it was paired work but because it was in the class with none of his friends in. To be honest, he doesn't know the names of anyone in that class which really only makes the situation worse for him. Had he tried to be more social earlier on, he probably wouldn't be in this predicament but unfortunately he didn't and now he's effectively stuck like this. Though, he's heard talk of either Mark Lee or Tuan (to be honest, he couldn't remember which and he didn't want to even bother trying) joining up in that class so maybe all hope wasn't exactly lost. Unless one of those Mark's already knows some of the other students, which would mean that Minho was still screwed.

By the time he was exiting the classroom, the majority of the usual bustle had left and filtered out the doors for break. Minho had more space to move and breathe, reverted to a more comfortable and slow walking pace as he pondered where he would go during break. He can't go to his usual place, he knows that already. Not unless he wants to be lectured and totally ripped apart for why he was talking about Seungmin the way he was. To be honest, he was confused about Seungmin. That third year was so hard to read, acting like a complete lunatic for attention one moment and then a precious little thing the next. In simpler words, he was just too much for Minho to try and comprehend right now.

He knows Seungmin will be around the back of the school around now and he knows his friends are in the courtyard so where better to go than the front of the school? Hardly anyone goes there during break, unless they're heading out of the campus for a few minutes to pick up something. Whether it be something they left at home or to grab some snacks from a local convenience store, nobody really stays out front too long. Minho walks out through the main entrance and is pleasantly welcomed with the sight of barely even a handful of fellow students scattered around. Seeing nobody sitting on the bench he and the third year were on earlier, he decided that would be an okay place to sit down. He makes his way swiftly over and sits himself down all comfortable, setting his backpack on the ground by his feet for safe keeping. It was odd to sit alone, but he quickly brushed aside that strange feeling and pulled his phone out from within his hoodie pocket. When he switched it on, he was to no surprise greeted by a few texts from the group chat.

***

✨😄 방글 방글 😆✨

릭스:
Hyung
Why aren't you coming to sit with us?

찬형:
We really need to talk man
What you said earlier was really confusing, we want to make sure you're okay

***

A sigh passed his lips as he typed out a quick reply saying he wanted to stay away for a little and gather his thoughts. They responded pretty well, telling him to take his time, which brought a smile to his face. His friends weren't assholes, they're just confused, a bit like he himself is at the minute too. Who could blame him really, the world was confusing and the people inhabiting it were even more so. Which honestly didn't help a lot at all.

Where he sat, it was fairly quiet outside of the occasional giggles and light chatter of the few people around. Or rather, that's how it was until his ears perked at the sound of loud footsteps against polished flooring, coming from around the inside front of the building. Curious, Minho looked up from his phone to see who on earth was sprinting through the Uni like a maniac. If they were just going to exit campus and pick up something from the local shops, there really was no need to overdramatize it like this. Hence his interest, he supposes.

"No! Shut up, you're lying!" The sprinting person shouted down their phone which seemed to be on speaker from the way they were holding it. As they slowed down around the middle of the main pathway, Minho caught a better look at their face and right away was drawn to the tears pouring down their cheeks.

"Mark, I'm not, why would I lie to you about this?" The muffled voice from the other end of the phone huffed out. They seemed to be sighing, like they felt horrible for being the bearer of whatever bad news they had just given away to Mark. Was it Mark Lee? Was it Tuan? Honestly, Minho couldn't tell, he still doesn't care too much about them but seeing one of the Mark's so upset only brought in a wave of sympathy in his body.

"No... I just, call me back later..." Mark hung up the phone call with a deep sigh that swiftly got interrupted by his sniffles which soon turned to more tears and gentle sobs. Minho quietly got to his feet and walked over, maybe if he's nice to them and this Mark ends up in his class then they could pair up for the project. That and he actually is just intrigued as to what was making him cry so much, it wasn't something too terrible, was it? He hoped it wasn't at least. Minho wasn't the best person to go to for comfort if something was way too serious otherwise he might get lost in his thoughts trying to put himself into that position and imagine how much it would hurt.

"Excuse me?" He carefully asked, standing close to Mark now, with a concerned look drawn over his features as he watched the boy continue to cry his eyes out. Despite his hesitance, Minho drew closer and placed a comforting hand on Mark's shoulder, finally gaining his attention. Their eyes locked and Minho could see right through to his soul, seeing all that worry and mellowness trapped inside him. Admittedly, he looked rather pretty but definitely would be more so had he been smiling and happy instead of down and dreary. "Are... are you alright?"

Mark immediately shook his head and tried to wipe away his tears with his sleeve, which he had pulled over his hand.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"I-I... It couldn't h-hurt to, I guess?"

~ 🍬 ~