¹⁰🍬: Failing At Friendship

Friendship sounds so simple to most people. You meet someone, you both like each other's personalities and share some similar interests then, bam! You end up hanging out more often and mutually agree in silent words that, yes, you are friends with one another. Some friendships aren't healthy though. One friend may only be interested in the other for themselves and their own gain, or just as an easy way to bully without drawing attention. Really, this kind of thing tends to depend on what led the friendship to begin. Was it childhood bonds that led to secret hatred of comparison and by extension the other person over all? Was it in a dodgy part of the town under unsightly circumstances? Or perhaps, was it at the back of the University's main building, through a series of flirtatious remarks, purposeful dancing and some daytime drinking? He chuckled to himself, standing outside two double doors that locked access to the room they held entrance to. Just what would this strange little seed of friendship blossom into?

Monday's, as Minho has probably been heard complaining about countless times before from the very day he started schooling, sucked

Monday's, as Minho has probably been heard complaining about countless times before from the very day he started schooling, sucked. Thankfully, the weekend prior had left him the chance to think over the many events that had recently occured, though he had to admit, it wasn't exactly long enough to wrap it all around his head. So far, he's still struggling with the whole “Seungmin Thing”, as he has so thoughtfully dubbed it. He just couldn't seem to figure out or crack the method behind that third year's madness. It was a constant back and forth argument in his mind of “does he really want to be my friend” and “what does he gain from it” all the way down to “what the fuck is happening”. Minho must say, that final thought is probably the only solid one that he stands by at the moment, having no concrete answers for the other two, let alone the millions of others swirling in his mind.

"Hyung," A deep, accent-coated voice said from behind him. Minho didn't need to even turn around to know it was Felix. It seems that he had gotten to campus later than usual if Felix had caught up with him already when he wasn't even through to the courtyard yet, still outside the entrance of the main building. "Are you alright to talk to us today about the whole… thing? Or, you know, at least hang out with us?"

Minho sighed, he should really have expected their exchange to go like this and quite frankly he was glad it was. Not because he had finally scrambled together some excuse for his actions because he really hasn’t got one at all if he were to be completely and utterly honest. But rather, he just knew that he couldn’t ever find a reason, no matter how much he could have prepared some bullshit lies and excuses, not a single one would properly get through. Felix knew him too well to fall for it and the exact same went for Chan. Speaking of which, he was nowhere in sight. Normally he and Felix were attached by the hip and absolutely inseparable at any and all times of day. Minho would know after being around the couple for so long.

“Sure.” He breathed out, giving in to the Australian. It was worth it to see the adorable smile that broke out on the freckled man’s lips, he always looked so squishable with that kind of expression. Truly, it was no wonder that Minho was friends with him, he did have an awfully annoying habit of becoming close to people he found cute in one way or another. Chan was definitely lucky to have managed scoring a single date with Felix, let alone starting a romantic relationship. Thank goodness Minho had gotten over that hurdle. Nobody really knew but Minho used to like Felix in a more than ‘just friends’ kind of way. While he didn’t have those feelings anymore, there were still moments where he would look at Felix and think that maybe liking a taken man couldn’t be so bad.

“Yes! Finally, Channie’s been super antsy and I think he’s worried about you.” Felix admitted, his smile drooping down into a frown as he slung an arm around Minho’s back to walk him along the pathway. “You know he cares about you, he doesn’t want to see you get involved in bad stuff and all that. He was crying to me last night, he was that worried. He’s scared that being friends with Seungmin means you’ll start doing things you never normally do. Like drinking too much and doing drugs and stuff…”

“I’m not like that, Felix.” Minho firmly stated. While the sentiment was sweet, it always was when it came to Chan, he heavily disliked that Chan thought he would suddenly do things like that. He hates drinking outside of the one or two pints every once in a while, it just has never been his thing so it was rather bold to assume he would become some kind of alcoholic overnight. Drugs were also extreme, he’s always had nasal problems and a ridiculous fear of needles and so on hence the chances of him even wanting to try them was incredibly unlikely. Under immense peer pressure, he was also unlikely to give in. Minho was always one to stand his ground anyway, never easy to sway into doing something if he didn’t want to in the first time. “I’m never gonna do stupid shit, you and Chan know that.”

“I know, I know… Chan worries a lot though, you know that, he can’t help it.” Felix continued, squeezing Minho as they headed in the main building and began to drag them towards the courtyard. He looked around before lowering his voice to a whisper. “He doesn’t want you to end up like he did.”

The shiver that ran down Minho’s spine was involuntary and he couldn’t help it at all, he knew exactly what Felix meant by saying those words. Chan was a completely different person now, yes, but he still had remains both mental and physical from who he was before. Some of those physical remains were absolutely horrific to think about.

“I know. I won’t do that. I won’t ever do that.” Both of them had made it to the courtyard by the moment those words left Minho's lips. His eyes couldn't help looking around the area, particularly at him and his friend's usual bench. Not a single sign of Chan in sight. He must not be in today. "Where's Chan hyung? Is he sick?"

"Kind of?" Felix nervously chuckled. "He might come in later, he wanted some space after having a… you know."

Minho nodded, beginning to feel the guilt of what he was doing to one of his closest friends, catching up to him. He really needed to talk to Chan and apologize, stressing him out was the last thing he ever wanted to do. And yet he already had. All because of Kim Seungmin.

That damn bitch.

~🍬~

A/N-
My internet is slow af rn cuz I'm away from home so sorry for the delayed post and lack of graphic and header image but I'm literally ✨scavenging✨ for the internet djdkala