²²👠•Promises You Can't Keep

Buzzing on a level such as this was something that he could never have achieved with any amount of beer. He had probably never felt so excited in his entire life, which in itself was a rather saddening thought to behold but he didn't allow for it to dampen his mood. The pretty lilac satin pouch in his hands was the only thing keeping him grounded to the Earth, otherwise, he would have started running around in all sorts of directions, desperate to tell anyone and everyone just what he was going to do and why. It was a big wish of his to one day have at least one friend who he could ramble to about all of his heart's grand escapades which were actually very few because there had only ever been one. Still was just one. The only person who had mastered such a captivating ability to make him fall vulnerable at their feet. Gosh, the thought of them made him flustered and he held onto the box a little bit tighter. Maybe one day he could have his nerves calmed by an eager best friend but for now, he would just have to endure it alone.

 Maybe one day he could have his nerves calmed by an eager best friend but for now, he would just have to endure it alone

Again, Minho walked in through the gates without Jisung. He was probably going to have a bad habit of lying for the rest of his life from the amount he was beginning to do to his own best friend but it was for Seungmin's sake. If he didn't lie to Jisung, he wouldn't be able to meet his... almost-boyfriend in peace.

Gosh, what a pair of words those were: almost-boyfriend.

He never knew himself to get so giddy over something so simple but perhaps that was just the effect that Seungmin had about him, he had such an innate ability to just be so loving and sweet and to live rent-free in anyone's mind. In particular, Minho's. There's never been a time in his life he's gotten so genuinely happy to be getting together with someone before. He's always been quite the loner type, not trying to date but also not not trying either. It was just finally hitting him how much this all meant to him, to have found someone that just so quickly has become his everything. Someone he'd do anything to see happy while knowing that he could expect similar treatment in return, in Seungmin's own unique way.

Minho couldn't bother hiding his smile as he walked through the gates and onto campus. As usual, he spotted Seungmin by their favourite bench and quickly jogged over to the boy, beaming and riddled with excitement. He was waved over and given an impossibly cute smile in return, gosh what a smile. One he'd do everything in his power to see time and time again. This kind of puppy love was quite new to him, he's never had it this bad before. Then again, this relationship - it was kind of a rebellion. Not exactly but it rivalled what everyone thought of them as individuals. Everyone saw Seungmin as a good-for-nothing whore, someone who'd never settle down and was too busy doing shit he shouldn't instead of focusing on his degree. Meanwhile, all of Minho's friends thought he'd be lonely forever, that he was too average to get a lover that would challenge him in a healthy way, and that he'd live nothing but a subpar existence yet they hated Seungmin. They hated the one person Minho ended up... dare he say... loving?

Love. It was definitely much too soon to say such a word. Like but not love. He couldn't love Seungmin. Not so early, he'd break his own heart if he did but he couldn't stop himself.