²³👠: Refresh

Maybe the world had decided that it had tortured him enough. Finally, things were turning upright for him and he's never felt this happy in such an unsafe environment before and it was all thanks to that boy. The one who loved him, well, liked him at the very least but he couldn't help himself from hoping it could be love too. He would never have expected to be talking normally with friends again like this, albeit hidden behind a tree and tucked between some bushes, drinking beer like usual but far less than he would. He liked this, he liked that they were listening to him and cared. He liked that they were excited for him. He liked all of this. All this time he thought they didn't care but really they did but he had just been too caught up wallowing in his own self-pity to realise.

It felt… nice. He felt nice.

. (ill add the banner later cuz looking at phone literally fucking hurts rn <3)

"You're fucking what?!" Felix yelled, unable to help himself as he slammed his hands on the table, standing up immediately. Shaken, Minho froze in place, he's never seen Felix so pissed off before. "Are you hearing yourself right now? You sound so fucking stupid, you realise that?!"

"Lix, I like him! It's not stupid, I can't help it for Christ's sake! Do you not hear how childish you sound?!" Minho retorted, yelling back in his defence. He couldn't believe this, he knew they wouldn't support him at all but he wasn't expecting it to be like this, for them to yell and attract the attention of the other strangers in the courtyard with them. That was probably Felix's whole idea, the guy was smarter than he looked and must've been trying to get Minho to give in and crush under the gaze of all these unknown eyes. He didn't want to let them win and make him give up this time, they were amazing people but they just were so unliking towards any kind of change. It was so apparent to him now how ridiculous it was for it to be this extreme. Why was it so hard for them to be happy for him?

"Lee Minho, go away, go to your fucking boy toy or whatever just go anywhere but here right now." Chan huffed, his voice was heavy with emotion and strain. He was holding back from getting really angry, it was more than evident. "And you, Felix, sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. Stop making this everyone's business."

As Minho got to his feet and slung his backpack back onto his shoulder, Felix had already scrambled to sit back down and gain his boyfriend's forgiveness for his backhanded tactics. The older wasn't having any of it, head pressed into his hand as he took deep breaths and clenched his other fist tighter. Felix grabbed that fist and began to rub soothing shapes and patterns with his thumbs, mumbling apologies here and there that Minho couldn't hear because he was already leaving. He was done with them. There was no way he was going to get through to them. They'd never listen to him or understand, the lot of them were too set in their ideas of how any kind of addition to their circle was a threat like Changbin had been and they were far too inclined to avoid risks like Seungmin because of that. it was stupid, he just loved someone and he was aware it might not last forever but why couldn't they just let him enjoy it while it lasted? Why does he have to pick between cutting it short or losing his only friends?

He already knew but life wasn't fair at all. It must have a vendetta out against him like his friends do. Something along the lines of “he's in love with Seungmin, he deserves nothing” or anything else equally as stupid really.

Without even needing to think, he knew where his feet were taking him and he knew he was going to be skipping his morning lecture too. Maybe the tutorial that came after. It depends on how long he feels like sitting in a plush chair, admitting defeat to the world until he feels a little bit better about himself or he can find some kind of excuse to talk to Seungmin for a while. He pushed open the doors of the dance studio, the fact that they were unlocked wasn't a surprise by any means, he knew that on mornings Hyunjin liked to hang out in here with whoever his closest friends were. To be totally honest, Minho didn't know a whole lot about most of his dancers, even the ones he was particularly friendly with, including Lisa. They just came and went as they pleased and he only really ever was their team captain to them, barely an actual friend. However, as he came in, eyes welling up, he found himself pulled into the arms of Hyunjin who had leapt out of his seat on the sofa and ran to hold him, he felt maybe that they were actually friends even though it doesn’t seem it.