²⁴👠: A Date To Forget

It was taking awhile for that boy he liked to talk to him again. They seemed to just have stopped hanging out and he was having second thoughts. Maybe he had gotten bored of him, maybe it was better for him to stick to what he knew. But he couldn’t help himself from having a feeling that his mind was getting it wrong, his gut was insisting that he should just wait a little longer.

Better yet: take the initiative himself.

.

Maybe a week had passed since then. To be honest, Minho wasn’t too sure how much time had passed for certain, he’s been so run down and out of it to really even bother caring whether today was a Tuesday or a Wednesday. It was so much effort for something so unimportant. Besides, it wasn’t like there was anyone or anything for him to care about at the moment, everyday seemed to just drag on and on. All he could do was hope that he’d run into Seungmin on campus or that he’d get a text, a call — something. He hadn’t been too lucky as of late. It was getting to a point that he was beginning to wonder whether everyone had finally given up on him. Ever since the verbal fight with Felix, he’s discovered that he’d been kicked out of their groupchat and blocked by them. They didn’t want anything to do with him anymore it seemed, well, except for maybe Jisung. They had yet to block his number and sometimes, when Minho walked past his classes, they’d lock eyes for a while. It was like Jisung wanted to say something but couldn’t bring himself too. Like he wanted to come and talk in secret, behind the other two’s backs.

Did Jisung think he could fix him?

Minho felt like he needed fixing.

There had to be something wrong with him, something broken for him to be so hung up on some boy that meant nothing. What was there about Seungmin that was so special to his stupid heart? There shouldn’t be anything yet here he is, grasping on for just the smallest lick of attention like some lost kitten holding out for some kind stranger to take them home with them. He was hopeless.

They were right. When he met Seungmin, he was felt up against his will and Jisung defended him, helped him get out of that situation. They were just worried. Maybe. He wasn't too sure if he was completely honest, it confused him wholeheartedly. If they worried for him, why would they push him away? Why would they let him keep pursuing the one person they don't want him to? It didn't add up, it was so conflicting and he just couldn't get his head around anything.

He hated trying to decode people. Everything about them was so confusing and it was nigh on impossible to figure out. Their intentions were never clear. He hated how stupid he felt. He hated how lonely he was now because of it.

If he could, maybe he would hang out more with Lisa or Hyunjin but he was scared of them, well, more so he was afraid of their friends and what they’d think of him intruding but even still the thought stands. Minho was no more than a prisoner to his own mind, he knew so, it was impossible to escape the endless doubts that had been running around up there lately that he finds giving up to be the easiest solution. Let his mind rule for him, he’ll just study and prepare ideas for his dissertation instead.

He slung his heavy bag over his shoulder. It has less stuff in it than normal, yet it feels heavier than usual. Maybe he was just getting weaker, he was so tired lately too, worrying over his lack of friends and thinking too hard about Seungmin every night. Gosh, that boy never left his mind, did he? Everything was Seungmin, he was almost obsessed. Then again, this is technically the first ever proper crush he’s had, the first he’s at least close enough with to actually have reasonable hope to get anywhere. They were already almost dating after all. Maybe he should make the first step and ask if they could be official… anything that meant he wouldn’t be so alone like this. Would they get to spend more time with each other if they were actually boyfriends? Would Minho get to meet his friends?