33

COVERT OPERATIONS BASE - EL SEGUNDO, CA

"Belgian ale," Mr. Nobody says as he holds a glass of beer up before taking a drink of it while Domonique scrunches her nose in disgust. "Oh, man, those monks got it right. I mean, I don't know about the whole celibacy thing, but when it comes to beer... Would you like one?"
"I'm more of a Corona woman myself," Domonique tells him with a shrug.
"Ah..." Mr. Nobody says before he grabs an ice bucket with Corona's in it. Domonique looks at Mr. Nobody shocked and confused. "Your file's not only detailed, it's uh, extremely entertaining." Mr. Nobody holds a Corona out to Domonique causing her to look at him skeptical before she takes the beer. "Look, Shaw's power is that he's a shadow. He's really good at getting in and out of places without being seen and leaving nothing but a body count in his wake. I mean, he's a legitimate English badass. But to be honest with you, Moni, I don't give two shits about Deckard Shaw. It's you I want. Because you and I can help each other get what we both need."
"I'm listening," Domonique tells him as they walk into a room full of computers.
"Just recently a private military company led by a wanted terrorist named Mose Jakande kidnapped a hacker known only by the name "Ramsey". Now, Lady Liberty's got her panties in a bunch over this, but rightfully so, because this Ramsey has created something interesting," Mr. Nobody explains as he shows Domonique the information on different screens. "Bring it up."
"Yes, sir," A soldier says before bringing something up across three screens.
"Say hello, to God's eye," Mr. Nobody says as he stands below the screens. "Now, this little bastard hacks into anything that's on the digital network. That means every cell phone, satellite, ATM machine, and computer. Simultaneously. If it's got a microphone or a lens, God's Eye can use it to find you."
"So you invited me here to show me a tracking device," Domonique asks him confused.
"On steroids. Lots of them," Mr. Nobody adds as he walks in front of Domonique. "Let me put it to you this way. It took us nearly a decade to find Osama bin Laden. With this, we'd have located him anywhere on the planet in a couple of hours. Now, that's a serious piece of machinery that could be catastrophic in the wrong hands. But for some very nauseating political reasons, any rescue plans involving any US government forces or entity has been strictly ruled out. And that's why I need you."
"But why do I need you?" Domonique asks him as she crosses her arms across her chest. "I mean, I could go back outside, enjoy the rest of the Coronas, let Shaw come to me."
"You could do that. How's that working out so far?" Mr. Nobody answers her with a shrug. "You got one friend in the ground, another one in the hospital. And then, of course, there's that little issue of the bomb that destroyed your home. Shaw lives in a world that doesn't play by your rules. Like it or not, you live in that world now, too. You wanna know how to kill a shadow? You just shine a little light on it. If you get the God's Eye for me, I've already got authorization for you to use it until you get Shaw. You go from the hunted to the hunter. And there's no place on Earth Shaw can hide from you. More importantly, you and your family don't go to any more funerals. You get Ramsey, you get the God's Eye, you get Shaw. Well, that's the wind-up and the pitch. Now that I've given you this incredibly sensitive and highly classified information, what do you think, Toretto?"
"I think you already know what I'm gonna do," Domonique tells him with a smirk.
"Good," Mr. Nobody states with a nod.
"But it'll be my way. And my crew," Domonique explains to him.
"I assumed you might say that," Mr. Nobody says with a smirk. "Which is why I've taken the liberty of gathering your team." Mr. Nobody motions out the glass window behind Domonique, for her to see two SUV's pull in before Brian, Tej, Dom, and Rome get out of them.