39

TWO MONTHS LATER

TWO MONTHS LATER

Mia and Jack are playing on the beach while Brian, Dom, Eliza, Domonique, Letty, Tej, Rome, and Ramsey sit around watching and talking. Eliza and Letty both have their memories back.
"Daddy! Come play!" Mia yells at Brian for Jack.
"Yeah," Brian says with a smile.
"Look at him. Look at him," Mia tells Jack as she points at Brian before Jack runs over to Brian.
"Yeah, buddy," Brian says as he picks Jack up.
"Duty calls," Eliza says with a smile.
"It does," Brian says in agreement.
"Hey, babe. Come on," Mia says as Brian gets up.
"Let's get Mama. Yeah!" Brian tells Jack as they make their way over to Mia. "Here we go!"
"Because the sun is out, I'm kind of medium rare, but I can get, like, well done. Like, really dark," Rome rambles as he talks to Tej and Ramsey. Tej nudges Rome as he watches Brian, Mia, and Jack. "What you nudging me for?"
"Close your mouth for two seconds," Tej tells him before pointing at Mia, Brian, and Jack. "Just open your eyes, man." Brian picks up Jack with a smile on his face.
"Beautiful," Rome says as he watches.
"That's where he belongs," Letty says as she watches them.
"Home," Dom says in agreement with her as he glances at Eliza, who smiles at him.
"Where he's always belonged," Domonique says with a nod as she smiles. Letty looks over at Domonique with a small smile before looking back at Brian and Mia.
"Things are gonna be different now," Rome says with a small smile causing Tej to smile and nod in agreement. Brian picks Jack back up as Domonique stands up.
"You aren't going to say goodbye?" Ramsey asks Domonique as she turns to walk away.
"It's never goodbye," Domonique answers her as they watch Brian hold Jack and wrap an arm around Mia. Brian kisses Mia before he hears Domonique's car.

Domonique is driving before she comes to a stop at a four way stop.
"Hey," Brian says as he pulls up beside Domonique. "You thought you could leave without saying goodbye?"

"I used to say I live my life a quarter-mile at a time," Domonique thinks with a smile. "And I think that's why we were family. Because you did too."

"All right, what the hell is this?" Domonique says as she, Dom, and Jesse walk over to the door.
"What do you got there?" Dom asks as Brian walks over to them.
"This is her car," Brian answers him with a smile.
"My car?" Domonique asks as Jesse hits the car. "I said a 10-second car, not a 10-minute car."
"You could push this across the finish line, or tow it," Jesse says causing Dom to nod in agreement.
"You couldn't even tow that across the finish line," Letty adds causing Eliza to give her a high five while Domonique smiles.
"No faith," Brian defends himself.
"I have faith in you, but this isn't a junkyard. This is a garage," Domonique tells him.

"We used to drag race here back in high school. That railroad crossing up there is exactly a quarter mile away from here. On green, we're going for it," Domonique says before they start revving their engines. The light turns green before Dom takes off in a wheelie. Dom and Domonique quickly get in front of Brian as Dom touches the ground again. Brian has to use his NOS to keep up with them. Brian sees a train up ahead before looking over a Domonique, who simply speeds up, as does Dom. Seeing that Dom and Domonique aren't going to stop, Brian hits his NOS and they jump the track just missing getting hit by the train. They look at each other and smile before Domonique runs into a semi truck causing her to start flipping. The car flips into Dom's before it stops flipping straight up.
"Dom! Moni!" Brian yells as he gets out of his car. Brian finds Dom breathing heavily.
"That's not what I had in mind," Domonique says before she gets out of the car with a messed up shoulder. Dom gets out of his car and walks over. Dom and Domonique lean against the car in defeat as they hear the sirens in the distance. As Brian looked at Dom and Domonique he knew he couldn't send them to jail. Brian pulls his keys out of his pocket and hands them to Domonique.
"You know what you're doing?" Domonique asks as she takes the keys from him.
"I owe you a 10-second car," Brian says before Domonique gives the keys to Dom before they leave.