Telling Dad

I sat in the meeting room for a while sobbing loudly until my dad walked in and wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

"I guess you've heard the news." He said.

"Yeah... She's really gone isn't she. I'm never gonna see her again. I didn't even get to say goodbye." I said between sobs.

"I know pumpkin, I know." My dad said softly as he rubbed my back and hugged me tightly.

I just sobbed into him and soaked his top in my tears. I wanted to stop crying but every time I tried to, more tears just kept flowing from my eyes. I eventually pulled away from the hug with my father and decided to head upstairs to sit in my room. I sat down on my bed and just sat staring at an old photo of me and my mother while letting tears silently fall from my eyes. I had no idea how long I had been sitting there for since I was lost in my own thoughts but I heard a soft knock at my bedroom door so I wiped my eyes quickly and looked away from the picture and picked up my phone.

"Come in." I said softly.

The door opened and Pietro walked into the room and closed to door behind him.

"Are you okay? You left the room looking pretty upset earlier."

"Yeah..." I lied.

"You sure?" He asked.

"No..." I replied.

"What happened?" He asked as he sat down next to me on my bed.

"My mum... she erm..." I started but I immediately burst into tears again.

"Hey, it's okay." Pietro said softly as he pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry." I said while crying into his shoulder.

"Why are you sorry?"

"For crying like this."

"Don't be sorry."

"It's just... my mum... she passed in her sleep... I just found out..."

"Oh, I'm so sorry." Pietro said as he pulled me closer to him and rubbed my back.

"I mean, I'm upset that she's gone but... the timing just makes it worse. With everything going on."

"I know... I'm here for you, whatever you need."

"Thank you." I said as I pulled away and looked at him.

He brought his hand up to my face and used his thumb to wipe my tears gently. He then gently kissed my forehead and I smiled at him. He then lay down on my bed and opened his arms for me to cuddle with him. I lay next to him as he wrapped his arms around me and I placed my head on his chest.

"I love you Y/N Rogers." He said softly.

"I love you too Pietro Maximoff." I replied.

Pietro cuddled me and we lay in each other's arms in a comfortable silence until I decided to talk.

"What are you gonna do about the Accords?" I asked.

"I don't think I'll sign. I can't just give up my freedom like that." He said. "What about you?"

"I'm not going to sign. I was still slightly unsure earlier but after I heard that my mum died... I guess I just knew she wouldn't want me to sign. She'd want me to fight for what I think is right and she wouldn't want me to give up my freedom."

"That's understandable. I'm glad we're on the same page about the Accords."

"Me too." I said as I looked up and smiled at Pietro. "I wish you could have met my mum. She would have loved you."