The Escape

I was sat in the chair opposite Sam while my dad was looking at the screens through the window, watching the evaluation of Bucky with no sound. Sharon walked into the room and handed a piece of paper to Sam.

"The receipt for your gear." She told him as she walked towards the front of the room.

"Bird costume? Come on." Sam said to Sharon.

I burst out laughing which caused Sam to look at me. "What, it's a little funny. Bird costume. You can't tell me that's not funny."

"I didn't write it." Sharon said, turning to face Sam before looking over at my dad.

Sharon then pressed a button which caused the screen in the office we were in to show the evaluation and allowed us to hear it too.

"I'm not here to judge you. I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are James? I can't help you if you don't talk to me James."

"My name is Bucky."

My dad looked at the file as me and Sam sat throwing a ball of paper to each other since we were bored and Sharon stood opposite my dad, watching as he looked through the file.

"Why would the task force release this photo to begin with?" My dad asked.

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?" Sharon answered.

"Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. You got seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier." My dad stated.

"Are you saying someone framed him to find him?" I asked my dad as I caught the paper ball and threw it back to Sam.

Sam caught the ball before speaking up. "Steve we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing."

"We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads."

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him. It guarantees that we would." Sharon pointed out.

"Maybe that was the point." I said as I looked up at the screen.

My dad also looked at the screen and understood my line of thinking.

"Yeah." He said, acknowledging that he understood my point.

Just then the power in the entire city went out. I looked from my dad to Sam and then to Sharon who all had the same confused faces as me and then we all looked and listened to what was happening in the room in front of us.

"Come on guys, get me eyes on Barnes." Everett said through his walkie talkie.

"Friday, get me a source on that outage." Tony said.

My dad then turned to face Sharon, as did I.

"Sub-level 5, East Wing." She told us.

Me, my dad and Sam all immediately left the room and went to where Sharon told us that we would find Bucky. We ran through the building and we made it to the correct floor. When we did we noticed multiple guards knocked out or dead on the floor and we slowly approached the room where Bucky was previously held.

"Help me. Help." We heard a voice say.

The three of us looked over and saw the man who had been conducting the evaluation lay on the floor. My dad walked over to him and me and Sam followed suit.

"Get up." My dad demanded.

When the man didn't listen, my dad pulled him up off the floor and pinned him against the wall.