CODE: SPIRAL

Drip Drop

A SPLASH of INK falls

The Creator looks on, beaming with glee at his creations.

Around him, a cacophony of colors mix

You open your eyes and scream, laugh, cry

For your existence allows the ink to spill over, and spiral...

Down...

and Down...

and Down...

Until the cup SHATTERS

You see it, the cracks he can't see, and you smile, knowing one day, your agony will cease to be. 

.

.

.

"So, what exactly is, CODE: SPIRAL?" Chasm asked.

Several Skeletons groaned from the couch, all heaving exhaustion and bitterness. 

"It's the prime example of Ink's carelessness..." Fatal muttered softly, visibly frowning. Chasm blinked, seeing as this was the closest he was going to get to a verbal answer, he relented. He pondered for a bit, about Ink.

Ink, that name never left him the moment he arrived, and the amount of venom it was spat out with made him feel like 'Poison' would be a better name for the guy. Chasam frowned, hugging his knees, he never met Ink, he knew he'd have to, but he hasn't. Not yet at least

But every time he thinks about him, there's an underlying feeling of weariness, exhaustion, and bitter disappointment. He assumes it's from the person he was made from, Error. 

"Ahem, can I have your attention, please?" Nightmare's voice rang out, as the king formed himself in the room. "I have successfully been able to pinpoint the source of the Spiral Outbreak, and it is, as expected, a new AU."

He pointed a tentacle at the Murder Trio, "Killer, Horror, and Dust, take the kid with you, and show him how things are done, me and Fatal will contain the Outbreak."

A bunch of "Yes Sir!" followed the announcement, as Chasm's lips pressed into a line. Whatever a Spiral Outbreak was, he seriously didn't like the sound of it.

.

.

.

-99999999999999!

Underfell Asgore gasped, it was over before it had even begun. The moment the scythe struck, all his strength and will left him. His trident dissipates as he collapses on his knees.

Chasm let out an exhale, this was it, his first kill.

"I...what...? You...but how...?" Chasm winced, it hurt, having to kill someone like this. He'd offered to take Asgore on instead of the other skeletons, and he was told he deserved it, but still. He couldn't help but feel like this was a waste, that somehow, they could've turned his life around instead of just ending it.

But even then, he didn't really feel any sort of hesitance before striking, he just sucked it up and did so. He had to wonder, is this how Error felt whenever he had to do this job?  

"I......I'm sorry," He whispered, he had a feeling it might not mean much in the end, the Underfell Asgore was still going to die, nothing was going to change that. But maybe, at least the troubled man's soul would be at peace not dying in the grips of malice and hate, but instead, have one bit of positivity accompany him to the beyond.