Welcome Back To The Void

The void was a weird place. 

Unlike the Multiverse, the void was quiet. Not even the sound of footsteps could be heard down here. No wind, no nothing. To those who were unlike him, the void was an abyss of total darkness.

But Chasm saw more than that.

In between the dark were cackles of light, white and purple, dancing around the floor and rising up in tiny little orbs. 

This was the only physical thing the void had to offer. Energy.

Normally, Chasm wasn't as fond of the void. It was strange, bizarre. Yet it called to him, and in moments like this. The void's energy rushing into him felt...almost comforting. The pain of his wound was completely dulled, not even stinging. 

It was like being in the middle of a river, just one that didn't sweep you away with raging currents.

Sighing, Chasm rolled around. Speaking of rage, there was a lot he needed to think about. 

Suffice to say...his training with Chaos didn't go so well. At a certain point, she just started throwing attacks in a frenzied manner, repeatedly trying to slash him with her scythe, it's honestly a wonder he only got hit like twenty times.

He glanced down at this chest and saw the once gaping wound now nothing more than a thin scar lit up by a purple glow. 'Almost healed...', he thought to himself.

The boy curled his fist and summoned an eye of paralysis. The thing stared back at him, empty, emotionless, yet almost...all-knowing? Chasm frowned. Just why did he have these? This wasn't normal magic, he knew that much, and it was useful certainly but he ended up using it to hurt others. Albeit accidentally but still.

Looking back at the eye...it felt eerily familiar. A single wide pupil staring at him, judging him. It...almost f...elt..l...ike-

T

THEY WATCH

    H  

SHE  NEVER GOES AWAY

         E

HELP

               A 

                      N  

                                T

                                     I

 THERE IS NOTHING HERE        

                                               V

WHITE. NOTHING ELSE BUT WHITE.

                                                      I

                                                           O

                                                                  D

Chasm gasped, his vision coming back to normal. He was back in the void, with the Eye staring him down. Almost without thinking he dismissed the eye and stood up, his legs feeling like jelly. "What...was that?" He whispered to himself, hugging his arms.  

"You know, monsters aren't immune to their own magic."

Chasam yelped and jumped around to face a pitch-black lizard that seemed to reassemble...

"Alphys?" 

Alphys apparently nodded. Her skin was blacker than coal, and she was in a purple suit with the occasional white fabric sprinkled in.

"Good. You appear to have sufficient knowledge of multiverse denizens."

"Which Alphys are you?" He asked. The doctor paused for a moment, staring at him blankly.

"...I do not have an AU. I am a creature of the void. Like you are."

Chasam perked up, "Creature of the void? Does that mean there's an AU down here?"

"Do not jump to illogical conclusions. An AU cannot and will not exist down here, as it is against the very laws that govern the void. The only reason we stand here is that we ourselves are a part of the void."

"Apart of the void...?" He asked. She stared at him quietly for a moment, shiny glasses illuminating her face.

"I cannot divulge, for it is much too early. I am instead here, to warn you against using your magic so carelessly."

Chasam shuddered a little, remembering what had just occurred. "Carelessly?"

"Monster magic is like a weapon. It is just as capable of being turned against the user. Please refrain from carelessly using the Eyes of Paralysis like that." 

"O-okay...hey wait, how do you know its na-" Before he could finish, Alphys vanished into nothingness. 

"Huh..."Chasm muttered to himself, "...What was that about?"

There were others like him, entities of the void. And they seem to know him, or at least know of him. The way that Void Alphys spoke...he was certain it wasn't her first time ever encountering him. But the same couldn't be said for Chasm.

"Maybe I should just head back now..." He murmured, "I mean, it's been long enough. The others might get worried..." 

And with that, he reached out, finding the beacon of Nightmare's Castle, and opening a gate to it. He cast one final look behind him before stepping into the gate and letting it close.

.

.

.

.

The void was silent for a few seconds, but then two entities manifested out the mist. 

"IT SEEMS HE GROWS RESTLESS WITH THE LACK OF ANSWERS PROVIDED TO HIM."  Void Papyrus notes.

Null nudged his brother. "bosses orders. we can't tell him anything unless the time is right."

"I KNOW, BROTHER. IT'S A SHAME THOUGH, LEAVING SUCH A YOUNG SOUL SO CONFUSED AND UNCERTAIN." The Papyrus responded. 

Null shrugged. "yeah well, when's life ever fair?"

"SIGH...IT APPEARS YOUR PESSIMISTIC OUTLOOK HASN'T DAMPENED AT ALL...ANYWAY, HOW GOES THE PREPARATIONS FOR THE CLEAN-UP CREW?"

"pretty much all set." Null answered, "regular g's just busy teaching a few things to harriet's ragtag group and then they'll have to get into position." 

"The siege on the Omega Timeline will soon begin," A new voice announced, the two turned around to see Void Asgore rising from the shadows. "It's a shame the first step to fixing the balance is going to be so violent."

"AH! ASGORE!" Papyrus exclaimed jovially, "HAVE YOU FINISHED SETTING UP THE BARRIERS?"

"I have," The monster nodded, "The time is almost here, and yet..."

"something bothering you?" Null asked.

The old goat sighed. "If I may be completely honest, I worry deeply about how this will affect CORE. Toriel moreso than I. Watching your life's work get torn down in front of you is never easy, especially considering what that work was to her..."

"IT IS A TRAGEDY, TRULY." Papyrus put his hand on the other's shoulder, "BUT, SOMETIMES, YOU HAVE TO GET SICK BEFORE YOU CAN GET BETTER."

"I suppose so..." The old man muttered. Suddenly a blaring alarm pierced the silence of the void. 

Null's eyes narrowed. "well guys, looks like the time is here."