Holiday Pt. 1.

Elizabeth's Journal Entry:

My very favorite time of the year is here again. Christmas is always special in Hope Valley. I love our town customs, new and old. But this year we have something extra to celebrate. Lucas Bouchard has inspired Hope Valley to put on its very own Chrsitmas Festival just like the ones he visited when he traveled with his parents. He's got the whole town involved. People are enjoying familiar treats. And some new ones. Even my student choir is pitching in. They will be preforming at the festival finale on Christmas Eve. For me, this holiday is special because it's also little Jack's first birthday. I want to make Christmas as wonderful for him as it was for my sisters and me when I was growing up. A full house overflowing with beauty, laughter, and good cheer.
Nyrah has been a comfort to me ever since that night in the saloon, apologizing more than three times a day for the way she spoke to me before being captured. I keep telling her there is nothing to forgive, but she still insists. We have become good friends, and little Jack adores her.

IT IS NOW CHRISTMAS, and as I predicted before, it is buzzing like a hive from all the people that came for Hope Valley's Festival

IT IS NOW CHRISTMAS, and as I predicted before, it is buzzing like a hive from all the people that came for Hope Valley's Festival. I am earning good wages from working at the saloon, and I have even been able to sit with baby Jack for Elizabeth sometimes. Lollygagging near the shelves of Yost's store. I already have a bag of peppermint leaves. Apparently they don't have candy-canes yet. I mean, they do, but they are white and dull, with no signature mint flavor whatsoever. It makes me want to cry. I need to purchase one last gift, but I cannot concentrate with Molly and Florence gossiping right behind me. They introduced themselves to me shortly after I moved in with the Coulter's. We had a session of twenty questions, but somehow I was able to evade the debriefing because I tripped on a marble. I now have a delightful scar on my forearm.

What about a book or a batch of cookies? I suppose I could give him something similar to what I will give Elizabeth. I hope Lucas likes it...

"More drawing supplies?" Mr. Yost asks. I nod, then leave with a smile on my face. I am excited to finish this sketch. I will drop off my groceries at the house, then start my cleaning shift at the Queen Of Hearts. I see the children with the wire and fabric that Lucas left with them. I am looking forward to seeing those floating lanterns, even if Lucas does this for Elizabeth, and not for me. It will be a sky of candlelight, and I'm bursting at the seams! And that is when I bump into someone. His freckles are even more attractive up close. My jaw tightens with anxiety; his face is far too close to mine.

"I'm sorry," I begin to stutter, "Welcome b-back to t-town sir." The basket on my arm turns to lead and my bicep aches.

"It is a privilege to know you recall my brief visit here a few months ago," he offers to take my hand, and my stupefied self gifts it to him. What am I doing? Why don't I wrap my hand and seal it with ribbon while I'm at it? But I can't take it back because his chapped lips brush against my knuckles. "My name is Jude Wesley, and may I ask what I should call you?"