Chapter 23

Nicole entered the restaurant. Dolls had driven her. He would wait outside. She was wearing a small wire for Dolls to listen to the conversation. He knew Nicole was scared. He also knew she could perform under pressure. She wouldn't have been able to carry out the thefts without that ability.

Now to hook Bobo.

The meal went well. Bobo was the perfect gentleman. They chatted about art. Nicole displayed her exceptional knowledge. Bobo was impressed. He liked interesting women. He liked beautiful women. She was both. Nicole found herself relaxing into his company. He too admired art. Had an equally extensive knowledge.

He commented on the recent painting thefts in London which concerned him. He was particularly annoyed by the theft of Monet's Irises, which he considered a personal insult.

"I do not like it. This man stealing paintings. He is not good for business. I will have a quiet talk with this rival of mine," he winked.

Nicole had to stifle a laugh. Here was Bobo telling her about London, about a male thief, not realising that 'male' thief was sitting opposite wearing an extremely sexy black velvet dress. She smiled, raising her glass in a toast.

"I agree. Here's to good art theft."

Bobo laughed, raising his glass to Nicole.

"Would you come to my house tomorrow evening? I have something to show you."

Nicole nearly sprayed her champagne over the table. She sat pondering the offer. She had no choice but to accept.

"With pleasure."

"My assistant will send details."

Bobo's phone buzzed. He read the message, a look of annoyance on his face.

"Miss Haught. Nicole, my apologies. I need to go take care of some business. Till tomorrow."

He got up to leave, taking Nicole's hand, bringing it to his lips to kiss.

She smiled. One thought in her head: Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

Dolls had a huge grin on his face as she got in the car.

"Well, that went better than I could ever have dreamt. You were amazing."

Nicole was still in a state of shock. This was so beyond fucked up, she no longer had any words to describe how fucked up. She failed to hear Dolls' compliment. She had gone from international art thief to potential new girlfriend of a notorious Russian gang leader. So, so fucked up.

"Dolls. I don't think I can do this. It's too dangerous. I know it's our only hope, but even you've got to admit this is beyond crazy."

Dolls was silent. He knew it was crazy. Beyond crazy. He knew he was putting Nicole into an extremely dangerous situation. He knew one slip, one false move and it could result in something nasty happening. He knew he had shaken hands with Doc, promising to keep Nicole safe. He knew he was not honouring his side of the deal. And yet, he knew they were getting close. Closer than he had ever been. His instincts told him this was the way to break Bobo and his gang. He could sense it.

"I agree. But, we are so close Nicole. It's now or never. We only have one shot at this. You need to find something in Bobo's place to steal. Something small, but important enough to Bobo to let him know who you really are."

He paused, letting Nicole consider the task.

"Under no circumstances do you sleep with him. Got it."

Nicole looked at Dolls. "Over my dead body, which I'm hoping won't happen."