ten.

Draco woke up to find Y/N sleeping peacefully in his arms, he looked down at her beauty as she slept and he felt happy for the first time in a while. Y/N always brought him joy and always was the reason why Draco tried his hardest during his time at Hogwarts, well her and his father. Y/N started to move out of Draco's arm but he pulled her closer and kissed the back of her shoulder making her giggle as it tickled her a bit. "Good morning baby" Draco said as Y/N turned around to face Draco, "good morning handsome" she said as she smiled and opened her eyes to find Draco staring down at her.

Y/N walked into the Slytherin common room to find Pansy sleeping on the couch, she walked towards her friend and shook her awake. "I was flying before you woke me up" Pansy said as Y/N laughed and walked to her dormitory to get changed into her uniform. Y/N noticed a note on her bed that was neatly made,

a week is short but with you it feels like a lifetime

Y/N noticed a white tulip sitting on her pillow. "Who's the flower from?" Pansy said as she yawned walking past Y/N, "Draco" Y/N said as she placed the single tulip into a clear vase with water. "Cute" Pansy said as she handed Y/N a school book, "he really is" Y/N said as she smiled at the tulip once more before she walked out with Pansy.

"Thank you" Y/N whispered in Draco's ear as she sat next to him in Defence Against the Dark Arts class. Draco looked towards her and smiled, "I'm glad you liked it, I got Crabbe to place it before we woke up this morning" Draco said proudly as Y/N leaned in and kissed him lightly on the lips before Professor Lupin entered the class. "No kissing" Blaise said as he sat next to Draco and placed his school book over his eyes making Draco and Y/N laugh together. Y/N played with her quill drawing Draco's family ring and ripping the page out of her book to hand to Draco, signing it. Draco looked down to see the Malfoy family ring with Y/N's signature and a little note written below, 'for the boy who stole my heart', Draco smiled at the note before grabbing Y/N's hand under the table squeezing it.

Pansy handed Tom his school book as they were cleaning Tom and Mattheo's dormitory, "how long have you and Y/N been friends?" Tom asked and Pansy threw loose papers into the bin. "2 years, we met the first day at Hogwarts" Pansy said and looked at Tom who was folding his school jumper. "Why do you ask?" Pansy asked as she was confused on why a fifth year boy was concerned about her friendship, "just wondering" Tom said as he smiled towards Pansy. They continued cleaning in silence until Tom spoke up again, "how long have Draco and Y/N known each other?" Tom said and Pansy sighed. "Their families are close, they have known each other since birth and they grew up together before Hogwarts" Pansy said and rolled her eyes as she knew her two friends didn't like when people talked about them. "Was it arranged?" Tom asked and Pansy looked at him confused, "their relationship" Tom continued and Pansy widen her eyes. "No, it just happened that they both ended up liking each other" Pansy answered while Tom nodded. "Why does he act the way he does?" Tom asked and Pansy rolled her eyes again, "Draco is just Draco, he acts the way he wants" Pansy said and tried to make Tom dropped the subject of her two friends. "Does he ever act that way towards you?" Tom said and Pansy threw the pillow on the bed, "Tom stop asking me questions about my friends" Pansy said as she raised her voice to the older boy. "I was just interested" Tom said in defence, "if you are so interested you should ask them yourself" Pansy said before she walked out of the dormitory.

"Why are they so interested in mine and Draco's life?" Y/N asked as she dried her hair from her shower, "I don't know but it's starting to get really annoying" Pansy said as she brushed her own hair. "Draco and his father believe that they are trouble and my father hates them for the fact that Mattheo was trying to threaten me" Y/N said and Pansy handed Y/N her hairbrush. "There's something about them that they're not telling you" Pansy said, "they come to Hogwarts late during the school year and out of no where they happen to be the Heir of Slytherin's sons" Pansy continued and something didn't add up in Y/N's mind. "My father said something about a deal for us to take in the Riddle brothers" Y/N said, " and their father looked sick when he came to drop off the boys" Y/N continued. "Do you think he's dying?" Pansy said and Y/N laughed to herself, "well he is over 60 years old but you never know, wizards could try and do anything to keep their youth" Y/N said making Pansy laugh with her. "Do you know if they have a mother?" Pansy asked and Y/N looked confused, "we never asked and my father never said anything about a women that Senior Thomas was in love with" Y/N said. "Secret, I like it" Pansy said and poked Y/N in the side making her giggle.

Y/N walked into Draco's dormitory to find it empty, she looked around the room and stared at the family portrait Lucius had gotten painted for Draco's empty wall. Y/N looked around and started looking at the details on each wall, the walls were emerald green with gold details, Y/N always liked the colour Draco's dormitory, it suited him very well, a Malfoy boy. "Hello baby" Draco said as he came up behind Y/N scaring her a bit before she felt his wet hair dripping onto her shoulder, he was in the shower. "Hey I have a question" Y/N said as Draco pulled away from her so she could turn her body towards him. Draco leaned in to kiss Y/N softly, "what's your question princess?" Draco asked as he walked to his closest to look for some clothes. "Those Riddle brothers" Y/N began and Draco turned to face his girlfriend, "what did they do now?" Draco said and pulled a t-shirt over his torso. "Well apart from asking Pansy many questions about us" Y/N said and Draco chuckled to himself, "I see they are obsessed" Draco whispered under his breath proud two more students were obsessed with him.

"Do you know who their mother is?" Y/N asked out of no where and Draco stood still as he thought about the question. "Me and Pansy were talking about how there may be something about them that they're not telling us. First, they come to Hogwarts late during the school year and out of no where, and second, they happen to be the Heir of Slytherin's sons?" Y/N continued walking towards Draco. "Also my father had said something about a deal for us to take in the Riddle brothers and I remember their father looked sick when he came to drop them off" Y/N continued. "Pansy think he's dying even though wizards do anything to keep their youth for a little longer" Y/N said as she sat next to Draco who sat on his bed thinking.

"Father never told me about their mother, just that she left the boys after a while" Draco said and Y/N nodded. "It's still weird that our fathers didn't tell us about them earlier, we only found out a week before we met them" Y/N said and played with the hem of her jumper. Draco looked towards Y/N and brushed a stray hair out of her face, "don't worry about it baby" Draco said as he kissed Y/N's temple. "I'll protect you from them if they decided to do anything to hurt you" Draco continued making Y/N smile towards him. "My hero" Y/N whispered looking down at Draco's lips before she pressed her lips against his as Draco's hand held onto her the back of her neck pulling her closer.

Y/N was reading her romantic book on one of the library's big window sills as the sun shined through the clouds, it was starting to get warmer in Hogwarts and Y/N was starting to miss the cold nights so could just cuddle up near the Slytherin common room fireplace with Pansy drinking hot chocolates with marshmallows. "Alone?" Tom said as he sat opposite Y/N holding a book, "I was before" Y/N said as she didn't look up from her book. "It's getting warmer outside if you want to join me for a walk" Tom said as he looked outside to see students running around, Y/N looked up to see Tom smiling down at the students. "Sure" Y/N said as she placed her book down, Tom was the only Riddle brother that Y/N got along with, Mattheo was too forward and didn't respect personal space whereas Tom was more mature and asked for things before he did them.

Tom and Y/N walked out of the Hogwarts hallway and into the gardens as students started running playing little games together. "So why did you and your brother decide to finally come to Hogwarts?" Y/N asked breaking the silence and Tom placed his hands in his pants pockets, "our father thought it was a good idea to let us learn about what it is to be a wizard" Tom said as he looked down at the ground. "It's a bit weird that I've never heard about you until now" Y/N said and Tom nodded, "I don't blame you, me and Mattheo never knew our father was a wizard until he made a deal with Lucius Malfoy a few months ago to help us before our father left" Tom said and Y/N widen her eyes. "How did you live before then?" Y/N asked, "we went to what you call muggle school" Tom said and chuckled to himself, "Our father started to tell us about how he attended Hogwarts and how he was a wizard" Tom continued. "You must have been shocked" Y/N said as they sat on some near by rocks, "it was a bit of a shock but me and Mattheo could do things other children couldn't, so it explained a lot" Tom said as he looked out to see girls giggling towards him. "What about your mother?" Y/N asked and Tom looked down at his hands, "we never knew her" Tom said as he played with a ring on his index finger.

"I'm sorry" Y/N said as she held onto Tom's forearm, "it's fine" Tom said as he looked down at Y/N's hand that had a single simple and thin ring around her middle finger. "That's a nice ring" Tom said and Y/N pulled her hand back to look down at the ring on her middle finger, it was a simple gold band with emerald stones along the band spaced out. "It was my mothers" Y/N said, "well it's really beautiful" Tom said as he grabbed Y/N's hand to look at the ring more closely. "Thank you" Y/N said as she smiled, "she gave it to me as my first year gift at Hogwarts" Y/N said remembering how her mother had given the gift the day before she was set to leave for Hogwarts. Her mother had received the ring from her own mother for her 16th birthday as a mature age present. Tom smiled looking into Y/N's eyes, his dark eyes shining a little brighter than Y/N imagined they would.