twenty-three.

It had been a two months since Y/N yelled at Draco and she never left her dormitory expect for her classes where she tried and avoided everyone possible, especially Draco. Her father brought her food from the great hall along with notes from students asking if she was okay which made her happy to think people were worried about her. Pansy was busy with Blaise and Crabbe and Goyle were bullying students with Draco as usually, Y/N read her novels while she tried to imagine herself in some of the characters shoes for a day. She would love to feel how it was to be loved more than the world itself, she thought about Draco as her first and only love and the only boy she ever truely loved but he was soon becoming a memory.

Draco had avoided most situations he would find himself seeing Y/N, he was broken the day she yelled at him and Draco could feel how broken she truly was. Draco didn't eat in the great hall and he tried to bully other students to try and get his mind off Y/N and most of the time it worked until he thought he saw Y/N walking in the hallway, then he was back to his old sad self. Draco loved Y/N very much and wanted to do anything in the world to be with her but he knew he couldn't. His parents had witnessed the worst possible thing Draco could imagine happening, Narcissa wanted to make sure Draco was okay but Draco broke down for the first time in front of his father. Draco had lost the only person he loved and cared about more than the world and his own world was crushing down on his already broken heart.

Y/N walked into her potions class to see Tom sitting alone in the class, she looked confused as the boy turned around and smiled up at her. "I think I may be lost" Y/N said as she went to turn around to see where her class was, "actually you're in the right place" Tom said as he stood up. "Your class happens to be canceled and Slughorn seems to be sick, again" Tom said and Y/N raised her eyebrows as Pansy would have told her that class was canceled. "Oh, okay" Y/N said as she went to turn around to leave before Tom grabbed her arm, "why don't you stay here, I could help you study?" Tom said as Y/N heard a muffled voice come from the cupboard. "Ignore that, it must be a what do you call these fear creatures?" Tom said and Y/N placed her school books on a near by desk, "boggart" Y/N said as she grabbed her wand from her robe. "Yeah that" Tom said as he sat on a near by chair before Y/N shouted "Alohomora" and held her wand close to her as the door opened to reveal Professor Slughorn tied up with tape over his mouth. "Professor" Y/N yelled as she ran to Professor Slughorn before Tom grabbed her arm and knocked her to the ground making her cut her head on the side of the table. "Why did you do that?" Tom asked as he went to close the cupboard and laughed in Y/N's face before she kicked him in the shin and shouted "Immobulus" freezing him in place. Y/N looked at Tom frozen as she turned her attention back to Professor Slughorn, opening the cupboard and taking the tape off and untying him. "Who did this to you?" Y/N asked and helped Professor Slughorn out of the cupboard, "he did" Professor Slughorn said as he fixed his suit jacket.

Y/N ran into the Slytherin common room to see everyone sitting talking before Draco's eyes caught on Y/N's head bleeding as she was holding her wand tightly in her hand. Draco stood up before he stopped himself and looked down. "What happened?" Pansy asked as she ran to Y/N and looked at the cut, "Tom" Y/N said, "he tied Professor Slughorn in the potion cupboard" Y/N continued making Draco look up again at her. "Dumbledore wants all students to stay in their dormitories until" Y/N began before instant darkness powder was thrown into the air blocking everyones views and when it cleared up Y/N was gone making everyone look around the common room shouting her name. Y/N felt someones hand over her mouth as the person was taking her into the hallway and into the Dark Arts room before they threw her to the ground. Y/N looked up from the ground to see Mattheo, he took off his robe and Y/N saw he had a cut across his arm. Mattheo noticed Y/N was looking at his arm and turned away from her, "he'll be here soon" Mattheo said before he left the room making her question who he was talking about. Y/N looked around the room to see Tom's ring on the ground, she went to pick it up when she felt a pair of arms grab her and lift her up. She started kicking before the person dropped her and she grabbed her wand out and turned to see Tom laughing at her with his hands in the air. "What are you doing?" Y/N asked and Tom laughed, "what my father couldn't" Tom said as he revealed a snake that was sitting in his robe. "Her name is Nagini, the fourth object my father put his mortal soul into" Tom said as the snake fell to the ground wrapping around Tom's ankles.

Draco and Blaise ran down the hallway as Professor Snape and Professor Slughorn were following close behind them, "he will use Y/N as a distraction" Professor Slughorn said as he took out his wand. "We have to be very careful, I think he is carrying something of his fathers" Professor Slughorn continued. "Yes he is" Mattheo said as he stood in front of the group as they pointed their wands towards him, "her name is Nagini, and my father put his final and fourth mortal soul into her snake body" Mattheo said as he drew his selves up to show a mark of a snake on his left inner forearm. "Where's Y/N?" Draco yelled as he felt angry pulling up, "relax, she's fine, she's with my brother" Mattheo said and walked closer to Draco. "She really should have left you after we came around" Mattheo whispered and Draco pushed Mattheo back before pointing his wand towards his neck making Professor Snape touch Draco's shoulder. "Leave it Draco" Professor Snape said, "this will be fun" Mattheo whispered before he pulled out his wand and started pointing it between Draco's legs as he shouted "Crucio" hitting Blaise in the shoulder and he fell to the ground in pain.

Y/N ran out into the hallway and into the potion classroom as she hid in a cupboard trying to hold her fear as Tom was shouting for her to come back. Tom heard something from the cupboard and opened it to reveal Y/N starting to cry, he grabbed her by her shirt and pulled her up before he held her against the cupboard with his hand around her neck. "It's not too late to choose the right side Y/N" Tom said as he leaned in closer to Y/N who closed her eyes and tried to get out of his grip. "Choose me instead of that pathetic Draco" Tom said and Y/N felt her heart break before she went numb, "you like me" Y/N whispered and Tom softened his grip and Y/N fell to the ground. "I don't just like you" Tom said as he turned his back to Y/N and leaned against a desk, "I'm in love with you Y/N" Tom continued as he turned to face Y/N. "The first time I saw you, the talks we had, the moments we shared together" Tom continued and Y/N felt numb with no emotion. "I never knew why you choice him" Tom said as he looked down at Nagini and patted her, "because he was my first love" Y/N said and stood up. "My father never believed in first loves, only loves that make you better" Tom said and walked towards Y/N holding her cheek and tilting her head up, "you are the love that makes me better" Tom said as he looked down to the girl, "you make me feel powerful" Tom whispered and leaned closer before he dropped to the ground. Y/N saw Pansy holding Nagini by the neck in one hadn't with her wand in the other. Y/N ran to her friend pulling him into a hug, "your father is in the hallway" Pansy whispered and Y/N pulled away before running out of the room.

Y/N ran down the hallway as she heard grunts and slowed down as she saw Blaise out of breath while Draco was lying down bleeding. Y/N felt sick in her stomach and she ran to Draco as she fell next to him holding his head in her hands. "Draco" Y/N whispered as she started crying, "he saved me from Mattheo" Blaise said and Y/N looked up to see Blaise's shoulder bleeding. "We need to get to the hospital wing" Y/N said as she looked down at Draco who was not responding. "Draco, please wake up" Y/N said, "please Draco, I can't lose you" Y/N continued and Blaise watched as the girl cried over her ex lover. "Draco please" Y/N said as she was trying to hold onto Draco's wounds, "please, not now" Y/N said and Blaise felt a tear fall down his own cheek. "Draco, I love you" Y/N said and wiped his blonde hair out of his eyes, "only you Draco" Y/N said.

Professor McGonagall walked out of the great hall, "Blaise needs to get to the hospital wing" Y/N said as Professor McGonagall nodded and pulled Blaise up. "Follow us quickly Y/N, he'll be back" Blaise said as he started limping as Professor McGonagall was holding him up. "Draco" Y/N whispered as she rested her head on Draco's chest, "please, wake up" she continued as she tried to pull Draco up. Draco started to stir in pain as he couldn't open his eyelids as they were feeling heavy, "Draco, open your eyes for me, please" Y/N whispered and Draco turned to face her trying to open his eyes. "Y/N?" Draco said and opened his eyes a bit before they fell closed again, "yes Draco, it's me, I'm here" Y/N said and held Draco's hand as she felt him squeeze it. "Draco, we have to get you to the hospital wing" Y/N whispered as she pulled Draco up and he tried to hold himself up before Madam Hooch found them and ran to the both of them. "You hold this side" Madam Hooch said as she pulled Draco up and helped Y/N as they walked with him to the hospital wing together.

Y/N sat next to Draco's bed holding his hand until she felt him squeeze her hand and she looked up to see Draco slowly opening his eyes. "Draco" Y/N whispered as she felt a tear slip down her cheek as he turned to look at her face, "I thought I lost you" Y/N said and Draco chuckled to himself before he felt a sharp pain in his side. "You can never truely lose me" Draco whispered and Y/N sat on his bed as she kissed his forehead making him smile up at her. "I heard what you said" Draco said and Y/N furrowed her eyebrows before Draco raised up to place his hand on her cheek pulling her in. "I love you too Y/N, only you" Draco whispered as he pressed his lips against Y/N's as she kissed him back smiling.