Chapter 19

“Make a delivery?” Phoebe asked following behind me as I walked towards the Coven. “We’re taking Cameron to his father.” I answered. “We’re going to go to the man who is trying to kill you?” Cooper asked. I was being hit from the two people in this realm who I thought would have my back no matter the decisions I made.

       “Fine, you two stay here and guard the Coven. I’ll take Cameron.” I said. I snapped my fingers and he was on the other side of the chains. I slowly peeled the duct tape from his lips and helped him up. He stared at me confused. “You and I use to be once upon a time very good friends, and it’s time now we rekindle that and stop your dad before someone really gets hurt.” I said to him.

       He nodded in reply and I allowed him to get cleaned up. “We need to find out why your dad is the way he is, do you know anything that could have triggered his psychotic state?” I asked. Cameron shook his head.

       I sighed. We were in the chant room behind my closet. “I rarely spent any time at all with him before I was sent here.” He said. I frowned and made my way over to the bookshelf. I snapped my fingers and grabbed him by the arm making my way into a portal I opened and exited out on the other side.

       “Adam what is going on?” My mom exclaimed. She was in a robe with her hair in a net and her facial mask on. “I wish you would have told me you were coming!” She almost shouted. “Hello Mrs. Bartlet.” Cameron said shyly peeking from behind me. “Cameron Clay? I haven’t seen you since you were in that talent show at Duncan High before you both left to Cathia for Witch Academy.” My mom said in awe.

       I sat at the island and ran my hand through my hair. Cameron sat next to me and my mom stood before us. “You’re father Cameron was a loving man.” My mom started. “Mrs. Bartlet I keep hearing that, but there is no seeing it. I’ve never known him to being a good guy.” Cameron spoke up. “We’re back at square one.” I sighed smacking my head against the counter top.

       “Go back in time.” The voice started in my head. I snapped up and my mom got startled grabbing her chest. “We’ve got to go mom.” I said. I grabbed Cameron by the arm and felt the pulsing aura ripple through me. He felt it too, and groaned as the force sent us a float and then we gently were placed on our knees in an opened field.

       We were in an orange forest where we caught a glimpse of a lady in all white. I stared at Cameron and we slowly followed behind her. The music was now audible and the more we followed the louder it had gotten. It was a wedding. She was beautiful. “It’s my mom.” Cameron said. A crowd of people stood in front of brass chairs and allowed Cam’s mom to grace them in their presence. Cassius was at the altar along with my mom and dad.

       I smiled a bit. Suddenly a surging pain ripped through me and Cameron placed his hand on my shoulder and the whole scenery began to change. I gripped my chest as I stood to my feet. We were in the foyer of a mansion. “This is my house.” Cameron said. The loud scream of a woman echoed throughout the room and Cameron took off. I gripped at my chest and followed behind him.

       He paused suddenly at a door at the end of the hall and dropped to his knees. I gasped at the sight of his mom sprawled out on the bathroom floor. Her blood was used to trace a pentagram on the ground and she lay in the middle with candles at each point. Suddenly loud breathing filled the room and we looked off to the corner where the closet was and our eyes widened. It was Cameron’s dad chanting something.

       “You bastard I’m going to kill you.” Cameron seethed. “Cameron we don’t know if this is true or not.” I said. I screamed out again as the time began to change. I curled in a ball on the floor and I watched as we remained in the same room just at an earlier time of the same day. Cameron’s mom was drawing the pentagram herself. I watched as she cut at her stomach and began tracing the shape on the white tiles.

       Cameron stared intensely. She began rocking back and forth in the shape, “Unborn seed to thee I call birth yourself before your time to spawn. Womb corrupt, dust to dusk, weave life from me I trade it all.” The lights began to flicker and in a matter of minutes she screamed out and with that she was in birth giving position and out from under the white night gown she wore Cameron was born.

       He began to sob. “Why?” He asked, tears streaming down his face. I pulled us from the vision and he fell to his knees next to me. “What the hell was that?” He asked as we reappeared in the chant room behind my closet. I didn’t have an answer for him. I shrugged and stood to my feet as I felt the pain dissipate from my chest.

       “You guys have got to come and see this.” Mya said in a hoarse voice. She took off again and Cameron and I followed behind her. All of the Witches of the Academy were standing in a large crowd facing the town down below the hill. I worked my way to the front with Mya still leading the way and Cameron following behind us.

       As I pushed through the front, right before my eyes were a band of demons, and warlocks. Cooper stood to the right of me and Phoebe to my left. The rest of my friends were to the sides along with the Coven who’d been set free and saw the error in their ways. “What are we going to do?” My brother asked. I took a deep breath and threw my hands in the air in a loud scream letting a teal colored aura spill out from me washing itself over the Witches from the Academy.

       “What did you just do?” Tessa asked. I stared at my brother who already knew the answer. “He just sped up time without changing the current scene and gave us back our powers right when Dresland got back and informed us they were reinstituted.” He answered. Everyone cheered and clapped and a horn started from the back of us from the Academy and then a voice started over the loud speaker. “Witches of Witch Academy, this is your Headmaster with a message, very brief and short.” Dresland started. “RIP THEM TO SHREDS!” He shouted.

       Everyone began to cheer and scream in one big battle cry and my friends and brother joined them. “Let the Chosen one be your leader.” Dresland finished. Everyone now stared at me. Phoebe held a big smile on her face and I blushed clearing my throat. “ATTACK!” I shouted and with that everyone took off down the hill towards the also charging demons and warlocks.