Chapter 2

Photo of the Cast in the Sidebar...

“Remind me to never stay up that late again.” My brother’s voice rang in my ears. Someone was sitting at the foot of my bed. “Phoebe?” I questioned. “In the flesh.” She answered in a happy tone. I rolled over growling. “Do you guys ever just spend about a minute or two in your dorms?” I asked.

       There was no answer. “Did you guys hear me?” I asked angrily sitting up to find them heading into my closet. I sighed and threw myself back onto my pillow.

       I got out of bed and got cleaned up then headed into the Chant room. “You guys are so rude.” I snapped. “Rude would be telling Phoebe you slept at the foot of our mom’s bed until you got a night light in your room.” Cooper retorted. He put his hand to his mouth in shock. I threw a book in his direction and he ducked. Phoebe giggled and I shook my head.

       “Today is the Witches Festival.” Phoebe cheered. “I’m not planning on signing up for anything but the Potions Club.” Cooper said. “I don’t plan on signing up for anything at all.” I laughed. They stared at me wildly. “Yes you are. It’s a Witches tradition Adam.” Phoebe said. “You have to.”

       They weren’t going to make this easy. They were both like pushy parents who wanted their kids to try any and everything no matter how ridiculous or embarrassing it was.

       “We’re going to go.” Phoebe started. “Sorry Adam, I want to be the first one in line to sign up for that club.” Cooper said grabbing his clipboard. “He’s right, if any of you plan on going on any Witch activities, they’ll have to be decorations. I plan on being a part of the decorating committee.” She finished. “You both have got to get ahold on reality. After our Witches studies you know that we’re going to be on our own so why do all of this?” I asked.

       Cooper got up and came towards me placing his hand on my shoulder. I stared at him confused. “You will understand sooner or later. Maybe never, who knows?” He finished then left. Phoebe giggled and skipped out the door after him leaving me in the room alone.

       I sighed and grabbed my black leather jacket closing and locking the closet door and also the door to my room running behind them. “Glad you changed your mind.” Cooper giggled. “Yeah whatever you say.” I sassed at him. Phoebe wrapped her arm around me as we walked down the hall. “Last night was amazing.” Phoebe smiled.

       “I’ve never danced like that in my life.” Cooper began. He was caught in the twerking pandemic everyone is so crazed upon. “So what are you planning on signing up for?” Phoebe asked. “Yeah, what are you signing up for?” My brother emphasized. I shrugged, “Come on Adam.” He said smacking me in the back of my head. “I don’t know; are you going to hold that against me?” I asked a bit angry.

       Phoebe and my brother stared at each other and shook their heads walking off ahead of me. “Jerks…” I whispered. “I heard that Adam.” Cooper said. “Sure you did.” I yelled after him and I sighed making my way out on to the court yard where the event was being held.

       “Anyone who has great accuracy should sign up for archery.” A perky blonde cheered. I smiled sheepishly at her and kept on walking into the middle of the court yard trying to avoid bumping anyone. Witches can be very unspecific about their spaces. You know, whether they want to be touched or not. I mean for crying out loud our senses are so keen we can win a fight in the dark.

       “Where do I start?” I asked myself. I stared up at the banners and then caught a glimpse of some Witches going at it against each other in an arena like stadium. Everyone seemed drawn now as the noise got louder and so did the cheers. I worked my way through the crowd and to the front where I saw a group, three on three, represented on teams wearing colors. There were three on a team of two; blue and green.

       One of the guys on the blue team stood tall and held his hand out in front of him and a fireball appeared. Everyone was fascinated and he threw it at the opposing team and a girl on the green team made a shield appear stopping it in its tracks. “What is this?” I asked.

       “We’ve been waiting for someone to ask that question.” A guy began a big smile on his face. “This is called the game of Witchcraft. Witch Academy has the best teams in all of Cathia, and this season we are looking for three new players from the student body.” The guy continued. “Where are my manners? My name is Dylan Hodge captain of Witch Academy’s Witchcraft Team. We face other Academy’s from other realms and at the end of the season we have a big game against Magic School the Silver Glass Cup holders.” He smiled.

       Suddenly a broom appeared and he jumped onto it. It lifted him into the air and he came swooping down over our heads. Everyone ducked except for one kid who got whacked in the head. A group of kids laughed at him. “If you dare to challenge yourself for the experience of your life, you’d sign up.” He shouted throwing sparks into the air, everyone cheered and screamed.

       “I’m definitely signing up.” One kid said next to me. Before I could reach for the pad and pen I was knocked out of the way by almost everyone. I was on the ground when everything cleared up and the guy who was making the announcement stood over me. “Here you go fella.” I smiled at him sarcastically and took the pad and pen and signed my name. “Try-outs are on Thursday afternoon.” He said playfully messing up my hair then running off.

       “Whatever you’re looking for I can guarantee you that it won’t be down there.” My best friend started. She held her hand out to me and I grabbed on as she yanked me up. “You’re filled with so much humor.” I teased poking her in the side and she giggled. “Did you sign up for anything?” She asked. I nodded. “Are you kidding me?” She asked shocked. I shook my head. She jumped around cheering until my brother came running over. “What happened over here?” He asked. “Adam signed up for something.” She informed him.

       His eyes widened and he joined her in miniature parade they were having. “I am so over this.” I said and walked off. “Wait; at least tell us what you signed up for.” Phoebe shouted. I kept on walking hearing their feet stomp on the concrete after me. I smirked and snapped my fingers and they groaned now. I made them walk into an invisible wall.

       I noticed Cameron staring at me over by the Theatre booth. I rolled my eyes and took off to the cafeteria. Witches littered the whole facility.

       “Someone has been wrestling with pigs.” The voice of a girl began in the back of me. As I was about to turn around her hands covered my eyes. “Guess who?” She squealed. I frowned and folded my arms. “I don’t know.” I sighed. “It’s me Ana.” She said as I turned around. Her orange hair and freckles were enough to make any guy melt.

       Ana Pender was the girl everyone wanted to be with and I somehow had gotten her all to myself; with the help of my best friend of course. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me close to her body. “How are you babe?” She asked. “I’m doing great now.” I replied. “Are you sure about that?” She asked in that sexual tone I loved to hear. I bit my lip.

       Ana and I lost our virginities to each other on our one year anniversary. She ran her hands through my hair. I nodded and she giggled.

       “You want to go back to my room?” She asked. I grabbed a snack bag and nodded. She walked ahead of me constantly looking back and biting her lips. A bulge was forming in my pants and as soon as we got to her door the locks were undoing themselves. It’s a mind connecting trick we practiced.

       As we entered into the room and the door closed I stripped myself of my jacket and threw it onto the ground. I stepped out of my boots and moved over to the bed where she gyrated and thrust her hips around. Our lips touched and instantly I felt the fire burn in my stomach. ‘I love you.’ The voice rang in my head. It was distant and hard to make out, but I heard it. “I love you too.” I replied. “What?” She asked.

       I stared down at her confused. “You didn’t just say you loved me?” I asked her staring down at her. She shook her head slowly. I frowned and she smiled. “But I was thinking it though.” I raised an eyebrow at her.

       Her smile brightened and she pulled me in for another steamy kiss. The whole thing puzzled me though the rest of the time I spent with Ana. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” She said a couple of hours later. I pecked her on the lips then ran off with my shoes and jacket in my hands.