Chapter 14

It was the next day and just as our mom requested we’d be learning how to fly on a broom. She was already floating around with Kalan by her side. He already had the power of flight.

       “You must first feel the energy around you and isolate it from that of the broom. Everything around you all has its own energy.” My mom began. “Grasp it!” She cheered loudly and flew in to the air higher. Phoebe, Cooper, Mya and Josh had gotten the hang of it, but as for me.

       “Kick up from off of the ground.” My brother instructed. “It looks easier than it sounds.” I replied. Phoebe landed next to me and helped me on to the broom. “Now kick off.” She smiled floating away. I did as she said in a sigh with my eyes closed and before you knew it I was zooming past them.

       I heard cheers and screams from the back of me and I swooped around and flew right passed them and into a portal I quickly opened and closed behind me. I flew out on the other side into the realm of Cathia. I dove down into the facility of Witch Academy and frowned at the scenery. The doors to the student’s dorms were blown off. Beds were scorched or in ash.

       My eyes widened at the sight of Dresland’s dead lifeless body in the corridor. I held the broom in front of me before sensing the presences of others. Their powers were equal to mines. I waited for them. One held a big smirk on his face and the other standing next to him was medium in size but powerful; also smirking.

       “I reckon Cassius sent you both.” I began. The one with the red paint on his face nodded and the other with the yellow paint on his face just kept on smirking.

       A smile grew onto my face and I jumped into the air throwing the broom up and it swooped under me lifting me into the air. “Get him!” One of them shouted. I looked back and saw them also flying after me on brooms. “I’ll give you something to chase after.” I smirked with a cunning smile.

       I opened a portal and exited out on the other side in the back of them. They started shouting in anger at my disappearance. “Looking for me?” I asked. They turned around and I laughed out loud swooping down into another portal and exited over them and brought both of my feet in connection to their heads and sent them into two portals below into their decent.

       “See you dumb bells never.” I sang but my excitement turned into horror when I saw a red portal open up and they came right back out. “Damn it!” I exclaimed and flew off into a portal exiting on the other side to find my brother waiting with his arms folded.

       “Where did you go?” He asked. “Nowhere that’s really important Cooper.” I answered walking pass him brushing by his shoulder. He grabbed my arm and swung me around. “We forgot to close the glass thing you opened and mom figured out how to use it somehow and we saw you in Cathia with those two demons.” He bellowed. “You guys are spying on me now?” I asked. He scoffed with a disgusted look folding his arms over his chest.

       I kept on walking to the back door when I noticed Phoebe on the other side of it about to walk out. I sighed and opened up the door and she wrapped her arms around me. “Don’t do that again.” She cried. I held her gently close to me and I kissed her neck. “I promise…” I whispered in her ear.

       “If we’re going to fight we do it together.” Kalan started walking into the door way from the dining room into the kitchen. “I’m sorry guys.” I started. My brother came inside the kitchen with a small smile on his face and then it turned into a frown. “Since we’re learning rapidly and we basically have control of our powers we can go after the captured Witches.” He started.

       My face lit up. “No if, and’s or but’s?” I asked. He nodded with a growing smile and I cheered lifting Phoebe into the air. “Look what Mya and I can do babe.” Phoebe started. They stood side by side and focused, next thing you knew there was a fire ball starting before us. “How did you guys learn that?” I asked. “Just a little spell your mom taught us.” Mya giggled.

       Josh snapped his fingers and a flame started on his index finger. “I think I’ve got the hang of this.” He smiled. My mom came into the kitchen now and ushered me over. I left the guys to chit chat and I headed over to her.

       “To use First Ladies powers you have to embrace them. I can tell you’re afraid to use them.” She started. “Is that a bad thing?” I asked. “You’d be lost in time if you don’t grasp on to your growing magic.” She informed me. “You can cause a ripple that would set time back and nothing will exist.” She finished. Her arms went around my head and I wrapped my arms around her waist. “Be careful Adam.” She whispered. I nodded in her chest and she let me go.

       The guys and I were ready later on dressed in comfortable clothing. “I wore a white V-neck with black dancer sweatpants and black high top converse. I grabbed my leather jacket and held onto the triquetra necklace as it swung around my neck in my hands. It sort of glowed and I let it lay back against my chest and ran up to the attic where everyone else was.

       “We were about to file a missing persons report.” Josh started smacking me in the back of my head. I sighed and rolled my eyes at him making my way next to my Phoebe who smiled brightly. “What?” I asked. “Look what I can do.” She cheered. She held her hand out at the book on the podium and it rose up into the air. “You can lift books with your mind so what?” Josh said sarcastically. She growled and threw her hand out at him and he went flying across the room.

       “Does that answer your question?” Mya asked him smiling high fiving Phoebe. I shook my head with a smile when my brother appeared in the room with a bag that seemed empty. “Someone’s traveling very light.” Kalan began sarcastically. “I know its weapons, knives and potions. We can use them to vanquish the demons we encounter.” He replied.

       I nodded and we all huddled together. It was quite, crickets were outside singing their song and owls hooted. “Whatever happens we’re stronger together.” I said. They smiled at me and I nodded compassionately at them. My mom came into the room and stopped us handing us each our brooms. “They can save you whether you know it or not.” She began. “Be safe.” She finished.

       Slowly we began to sink through a portal I had opened up. “Ready?” I asked staring right at my brother. He smirked with a smile on his. “I was born ready.” He replied as our heads disappeared now entering into the realm of Cathia.