Chapter 7

“All she told me was what powers she was bestowing on me at that moment then left.” I answered my brother for the hundredth time as we walked into the Chant room. “Uhh… you two wait here.” Phoebe said to Kalan and Josh then jogged into the room after us.

  My brother put his hand to his chin and began pacing. “This is not how it’s supposed to happen.” He whispered to himself. “He’s thinking again?” Phoebe asked. I nodded and she sighed making her way over to the book shelf. “Kalan, Josh get in here!” I shouted. They came tumbling in rather quickly and got up dusting themselves off.

   “Come on guys be careful remember what Dylan said.” I reminded them. They blushed and Kalan’s eyes widened at the books on the shelf. Josh sat on the couch with a pillow on his lap and just listened. “These books must be ancient.” Kalan gasped. “Yeah, don’t touch them.” Cooper growled.

   He looked over at me and frowned. “He’s very cool Cooper.” I said. Cooper waved off the thought and Kalan cheered making his way over grabbing the book of spells. "You said you created a portal, do it again.” Cooper started standing next to me. I closed my eyes and concentrated then before you knew it a portal opened up.

   They all gasped and Cooper walked around it analyzing it top to bottom. “How is that even possible?” Phoebe asked. “The only other people we saw do that was those demons.” She finished standing next to me. Cooper stood on the other side of me with his arms folded and tapped his finger to his chin. “It’s different from the demons,” He began. “Theirs was red and this one is teal. I’m also guessing the shield you used was…” “Clear as glass and was only visible upon an impact of a force.” Josh picked up. 

   Cooper nodded when suddenly in walked Mya. “Are you serious?” I asked. “I knew you were the one.” She grinned. “What are you talking about Mya?” Cooper said hastily making his way up to her. “Cooper it’s alright.” She assured him moving him aside. “This is not safe.” I sighed sitting next to Josh on the couch.

   “Why are you here?” Phoebe asked. “We need to form some sort of team. I was in town when the demons made an entrance. I was hiding; I saw the three of you, and it gave me so much adrenaline just seeing you guys stand up against them.” She smiled brightly. “What are you proposing?” I asked her. “We need to form our own Coven.” She said turning around looking me in the eyes.

   A smile was forming around my brother’s lips. “Are you up for it?” I asked him. He nodded slowly. Kalan came over with the book of Faith in his hands. “Adam you’re a Warper. There’s a brief description of it before it lists the amount of powers you have.” He said. Cooper was standing next to him. “He’s right.” Cooper began looking up at me.

  Phoebe sat on the couch using a paper bag to breathe in and out into. “First Lady Witch was a guardian of all things that has to do with time and space.” Mya said pulling out a notebook she scribbled stuff in. “I did my own research.” She blushed. “I was sure I was getting those powers.” Kalan frowned. “You weren’t the only one.” Josh sighed.

  Cooper was feeling the same way and so was Phoebe. “I’m sorry you guys. I don’t know what I did to deserve any of this,” I began. “I’m lazy with no hopes of a future I just go with the flow of everything.” I sighed. ‘That’s why I chose you.’ The ghostly voice started.

   I grabbed my head and they all crowded me. “Are you okay Adam?” My brother asked. I nodded quickly assuring him and he put his hand on my shoulder; then a few more joined and I put my hand on the top and stared at all of their faces. I read all of their minds and they were all content.

   “First of all this room remains a secret.” I pointed at Kalan, Josh and Mya. They nodded with a smile and Cooper and Phoebe hugged them welcoming them. “You guys are free to come by anytime and hang out and brief us on anything around campus as long as you don’t wake me up.” I smirked looking at Cooper and Phoebe who looked into the roof avoiding my glare.

   I smiled as Kalan and Josh read the book of spells over by the podium and Cooper sat with Mya around the mixing table going over some notes.

   Phoebe and I were in my room. She waited on my bed until I had finished showering and dressed in a pair of regular cut skinny jeans and a burgundy checkered button up shirt.

   “Are you okay?” I asked her. She shrugged, “I don’t know.” She added. I furrowed an eyebrow at her and grabbed her hands into mines kissing them. “If you don’t want me reading your mind I advise you tell me.” I smirked and she punched me in the shoulder. I grabbed my arm as if she had wounded me badly and she giggled.

   “Please tell me.” I pleaded putting my hands in prayer position and pouting. She sighed and said, “Earlier today when we kissed it meant something to me and awoken a part of me that wish I was that person you would have chosen instead of Ana.” She said looking away from me.

   I felt the same way. My hands caressed her cheek and she fell into the palm of my hand. Our eyes met and she looked away unsure of what was happening. I giggled at her and brought her up by the cheek to stare me in the eyes and she smiled. “Kiss me.” She whispered. I sent her a small lustful smile bringing her in for a planned kiss this time.

   Her arms went around my neck and mines around her waist. I picked her up and opened up a portal walking into it making my way over to her bed that was covered in books and fabrics. She giggled and tossed them off flicking me on the nose then grabbing me back on top of her.

   My right hand went up her skirt feeling the lining of her panties. Her body trembled as I ran my fingers around her belly button. Moans exited her lips as I ran my tongue in circles at her neck kissing and sucking greedily at it.

   “Wait,” She began moving me away. Her voice was shaky. “I want to know that this would just be more than what it is now.” She said. “What do you mean?” I asked. “It’s written in the stars Adam.” She said. I stared at her confused. “We’re meant to be together.” She confessed. I felt something in me awaken.

   Don’t get me wrong I love Phoebe, but I don’t want her to get hurt with what’s going on with me. “Don’t even start with the crap,” She seethed. “I’ve been through hell and high waters and whatever you’re going through I don’t want to be your best friend by your side as you’re going through it,” She paused sighing and walking over to the window.

   “Phoebe…” I whispered making my way over to her. “I want to be your girlfriend Adam and possibly your wife.” She finished turning around tears running from her eyes. “I love you Adam.” She said as I wiped the tears from her eyes. “I love you too Phoebe.” I replied.

   Those words exiting my lips were the truth and I felt them as I spoke them.

   Our magic somehow connected and slowly our clothes were falling off. She laughed and pushed me on the bed. Her hands explored my body before her lips came in for the kill and serenaded my lips. My hands ran along her naked body before now I was on top of her staring down into her eyes.

   Her hands went through my hair she stared up at me with a smile on her face and I leaned in kissing her on the lips. “Let’s get dressed; I know the guys are freaking out about our absence.” She said. “Agreed…” I replied and got dressed creating a portal and we both ran into it ending up back in my room.

  The guys were just coming out as we were exiting the portal. “Where are you guys off too?” I asked. Phoebe leaned her head on my shoulder folding her arms waiting for an answer.

   “We’re going to dinner; we decided to sit with each other.” Cooper smiled staring at all of them. I nodded and followed behind me as he led the way. Phoebe and I held hands and as we walked by the corridor the Infamous Coven and Cameron were just making their way in also.

  “Whose your friends Freak-be?” Taylor asked. “Guys let’s just keep going.” Josh said. Cooper nodded and they made a left avoiding them and we followed. “We will not be ignored!” She seethed. “Get used to it.” I shrugged with a smile and Cameron came at me with intentions of a mad man. I put up a shield turning around and watched as he ran smack into it. I shouted in pain and my friends watched me and gasped as blood started its way from Cam’s nose.

   “What did you do?” He asked. “I did something that somebody else should have done a long time ago.” I replied as Phoebe pulled me away towards the cafeteria.