Chapter 27

Albus couldn't speak. She stroked Issa's hair, something he never would've thought of doing. Her blond hair was tangled. When Issa's breathing settled he pulled away from her and looked in her stormy gray eyes. There was something odd about them. Like she couldn't focus on him. On anything.

"Albus, help me." She said.

"I'll help you." He reassured. "But tell me what I need to do."

"He'll kill me."

"Who?"

"I have to do what he wants."

"Who wants what?"

"I escaped."

"From where?"

"He's looking for me! He'll come back to kill me!"

"Narcissa, focus!" Issa stopped her blabbering and stared into his eyes. Then, without warning, she kissed him. He could taste her tears, and feel her fingers moving round his hair as he slowly kissed her back.

He didn't wonder why she did it, or care. For a moment, he almost let himself get carried away, then he remembered. Issa was in trouble. Or so she said so. He pulled away, enough to see her eyes. Close enough for his nose to brush with hers.

"You have to help me." She repeated.

"I will."

<•>•<•>•<•>

Issa showed him the way to his death.
Inside, her chest was about to explode. She had just gave Albus a kiss. She could still feel his lips on hers.

If she could actually control herself, she'd be redder than a red rose.

The words slipped out of her mouth. Literally. "We're almost there." Issa had gotten used to being controlled, her body did everything for her. After two days of it, it was almost normal.

That's what it felt being under the Imperious Curse.

The first day, after Eden cast the Curse on her, her body ached from so much resisting. It hurt. Every single part of Issa's body felt as if it were being punched. The Curse made her walk down the deepest parts of the castle. And as she walked, even if she couldn't turn her head to make sure, she knew Eden was not at her side. At least the Eden she knew, or thought she did. It was someone taller, with heavier steps. It didn't take a Ravenclaw to know who was behind her. It was Long Beard.

Issa was sure she'd killed him. So how? He was dead, and he wasn't a ghost.

"It's so easy," he said. His voice was deeper, not like Eden's. "You fall for my tricks way too easily."

Her insides burned. But she kept walking, unable to do anything at her own will. It was like Eden had once explained.
Well, she doubted she ever met Eden. Eden probably never existed.

Her jaw ached, she couldn't resist the tempting to snap something back at Long Beard.

"You want to know how I did it? I guess you deserve to know, in the end, it's not like you are going to last. I only need you for one little job."

He waited a while, as if I might respond.

"There once was this boy, his name was Eden." Long Beard began. "Top grades, popular, good-looking. He was only in his Fifth Year! But that wasn't important, what was, was that I had just discovered the best thing that could ever happen to me. The Chambers.
Since the Chamber of Secrets was opened, I had been reading, searching for anything that might tell me something about the chambers.
Then I found it. I never would've thought such information would be revealed on the Daily Prophet. The paper was almost one hundred years old. It had been a miracle I had found it intact!
It said the Founders of Hogwarts did not keep their gold in Gringotts. Just that piece of information led me to realize that the only place they would hide it could be Hogwarts!
So I started with my quest. I used the boy as my tool. He was perfect! He achieved to find the chamber so quickly, then things went wrong. As I had placed a Imperious Curse on him, I demanded him to come back so he could take me myself. But he couldn't find the way back. The girl he used to get in was dead!
For over a year I completed nothing, until I saw you.
Trust me, if I could, I would've just controlled you from the beginning, avoiding all that disgusting loving rubbish act, but I had my fellow Eden controlled, and I couldn't let the kid go. He would go tell everyone!
So you found the Chamber, and you thought you killed me. You thought you killed me!"