Chapter 7

Issa plopped down two heavy books on the mahogany table of the school library with a smack, waking Reagan up from her daydream. Just moments before, her eyes had been glazed over, her lids drooped halfway and she had been staring lazily into the rows of books that lined the shelves. A goofy smile playing on her lips. 

"I've found it." Issa announced rather loudly as to bring her friend back to Earth.

"Fabulous." Reagan replied with that same smile.

"Well lets see if this was a total waste of your potion or not." Issa opened up the thick book labeled 57 Different Ways To Use Potions That You Didn't Know About. She had two of the same copy, in fact. The first one, which she had found in Victoria's drawer, Issa had found that it was missing a page. It didn't look like it had been ripped out, but Issa knew it had been because of the several pages that were hanging out and a breath from being detached. The bounding of the book was also loose, most likely from pulling out that very same page. Fortunately, she had found an exact copy of the book in the library. She flipped the pages to the one that was missing in the other book. 

"No matter what you find, I wouldn't consider it a waste." Reagan grinned lazily as she slid her crossed arms over the table and rested her head on them.

Issa rolled her eyes for about the hundreth time. Her friend seemed to be in the clouds ever since her encounter with the Gryffindor alumni. It was so hard to get her to focus that Issa was beginning to doubt if she had been wrong about Albus's weird behaviour.

She turned back to her book after realizing that there was no point in trying to read it out loud for Reagan to hear. She wasn't listening anyways. 

Issa trained her eyes on the words. Potion to Object: Consists in transferring a Potion to an object. Her eyebrows raised, she gripped the book. 

Potion effects are capable of being transferred onto objects with a binding spell. With this method, the object that has been properly bonded with a well-brewed potion will transfer its power on to the holder/user of the said object. A common example of this can be seen with the Oculus Potion that is used in spectacles to restore eye vision... Other common objects are necklaces, bracelets and even socks. 

This method is specially useful for those allergic to certain potion ingredients and therefore cannot ingest them. It is also practical for those who wish to have more control over how long they possess the powers of the potion, as the object can simply be removed when its effects are no longer desired.

Issa shook Reagan's shoulder furiously. 

"What is it? What is it?!" Reagan asked, shaking her off.

"Well, look!" Issa shoved the book in her face. She took it.

"Oh.. do you think?" Reagan asked, setting the book down.

"Reagan, the page was missing!" Issa thrust the worn out book to her as well. 

Reagan took a look at it. "I mean, this book looks close to shambles, many pages are about to fall off." After seeing the look on her friend, she added, "But it's possible." Her arms raised in defense.

"It makes sense though. Apparently-- it says so here-- potions in objects can last up to twice as long, even more, depending on how strong the binding spell is." Issa read, her finger dragging through the inked words of the book. "Look, I've searched the castle-"

"What! When?!" Reagan interrupted.

"Not everywhere, even I don't know the entire structure of this building. But I couldn't find any place where she might be brewing dozens of potions. Plus, it's not like it's that easy- okay, maybe for you, but still- if she doesn't have the skill, then she's been needing to buy it. She most likely received a stash last time we went to Hogsmeade, and Christmas break is coming up, so she probably will stack up on more then..."