Chapter 2

Five years later...

Issa breathed heavily out of her mouth. Running wasn't her favourite activity, but watching others get fooled was. She hid behind a rusty metal plate of armor, hardly being able to control her snickering. Her wand was hot with the heat of the spell that she had just struck Hues Davis with. He was a Hufflepuff who Issa didn't really know, but he was now knocking into everyone and making heavy armors and paintings fall over. She had found the spell on the corner of an old desk that was going to be thrown away. She had no idea was it was for, but she had decided to try it out and see. Her original victim hadn't been him though, Issa had actually been aiming for Patricia Blark, who had ruined her potion last week by dropping a seagull feather instead of a chicken's into her cauldron. Unfortunately for Hues, he'd gotten in the way and the spell had landed on him instead. Poor Hues. Issa thought, as he crashed into a bush and toppled into it. She also didn't have a clue of what the counter-curse was.

"Well who else would it be," someone whispered behind her. A hot breath against her exposed neck. "Than Ms. Malfoy?"

Mentally, Issa shoved the boy away, but if she actually did that she would reveal her hiding spot. She didn't even need turn her head to know who it was. No one else ever caught her red-handed during her mischievous acts. She actually had no idea how he did it, it's like he could find her anywhere. It was one of the most irritating things. 

"The Inverse Charm is not a nice spell to play with." Albus taunted, a smile audible in his words. Of course Albus Potter knew what spell it was. Issa wouldn't be surprised if he knew the counter-curse either. "That old Hat made no mistake." He continued to tease.

That seemed to be his catchphrase, Issa thought. He just wouldn't let it go. From that moment on her first day, when McGonagall called upon her to receive the Sorting Hat. She stood up tentatively, feeling like every eye was on her and her father's as well. But above all, she felt his pierce through her the hardest. 

Issa could already smell the decay of the old Hat as she neared it, she was a few step away when it roared:

"SLYTHERIN!"

Her blood froze in her veins. Issa stood there, completely stuck in place. Her last step toward the Hat uncompleted. Even McGonagall had gasped. 

Issa's hands turned into fists. She spun around and silently walked over to the table with the silver and green banner hanging on top. Even they were too shocked to cheer as they had done for everyone else. As if they had forgotten what they had to do, they slowly began to clap unevenly until she reached the table and sat down. Narcissa Malfoy never felt the weight of the Hat over her head. 

Issa shook the memory away. "I don't suspect you know the counter-curse, Potter?" 

Albus smiled. "What? Do you think I just know everything?" He scooted closer behind the large armor plate. "You overestimate me."

Issa rolled her eyes, kneeling down was starting to hurt. Sometimes, it was almost impossible not to turn around and look at his face when he made those types of comments. Her head twitched in disobedience. 

"Are you coming to watch the Quidditch match this evening?" He prompted.

"What else is there to do?" She muttered. In reality, Issa definitely enjoyed watching Quidditch matches. She liked when the breeze of a player speeding closely by made her hair fly and screaming insults until her throat went raw. Lots of students are exempted from Charms class after a good match because no one can even whisper a spell.

But she wouldn't admit to Albus Potter that she enjoyed anything that he participated in, that would boost his ego to levels Issa already had problems with.