Chapter 4

Issa stopped in her tracks, quite abruptly to be perfectly honest. So much so that Reagan, who was following right behind her, almost tripped. "Is that...?" Reagan asked, blinking and regaining her stance. 

"Ugh...yuck." Issa muttered, and tried to keep and good distance from the crowd that was now forming around them. She had never seen Albus like this. She had never known him to be so...lovely dovey, as they called it. 

"No way! With her?!" Reagan gasped and covered her gaping mouth with both hands.

Issa quickened her pace. She tried not to look in their direction, but her eye darts were noticeable. The air around her felt icy, she felt the breeze pierce through her as if she was wearing nothing more than a thin veil. Issa clenched her jaw.

Heather caught up to them. She was shorter and stopped to pick up round rocks every now and then so she normally trailed behind them. She had a confused look on her face. She was craning her neck towards the crowd but couldn't seem to see what was going on. "Issa, are you okay?" She asked.

"What?" Issa snapped, a little harder than she intended. Her were eyes were now fixed on the crowd. 

"You just seem...a bit vexed." Heather took the fabric of Issa's cloak in her hand. 

"I'm just bloody cold." Issa muttered. Her cheeks almost had a blue tint to them.

"Take my scarf, I'm practically sweating. You both walk so fast." Heather had already unwrapped her scarf before Issa could say anything.

"Thanks." She mumbled, accepting it. Then, Reagan, who she hadn't noticed wasn't walking along them anymore, jogged to meet them again.

"That really is something over there." Reagan huffed, pulling her black hair into a ponytail. 

"What is it, Reagan? I couldn't tell." Heather asked.

"It's Albus Potter. He's all up on Victoria Blue. Literally the snoggiest snogging I've ever seen. Quite disturbing to be honest, but somehow also entrancing." She said with unfazed eyes, looking off in the distance. Issa shuddered. 

"I had no idea that Albus fancied someone!" She said with enthusiasm. Why did everyone care so damn much about everything the Potters did? Issa thought. She heard herself thinking the very words her father seemed to say every time he picked up a newspaper. 

Ahead of them, the crowd parted just a bit. Nonetheless it was enough to reveal what was inside it. A giggling girl with chestnut brown hair who Issa could unmistakingly recognize as Victoria Blue pulled Albus along. He followed willingly, a lazy and happy smile plastered on his face.

Issa hurried inside just as they embraced by the stairs of the castle. 

* * *

Issa could not write a thing. So far she'd broken two quills and spilled her colour changing ink. The wooden table changed from red to green to yellow every few minutes. Her hand shook badly, half from the bone-shattering coldness of the Slytherin Common Room, and half from her furiousness.

She didn't want to even admit it to herself, but she couldn't help thinking about Albus and the infamous Victoria. It just rubbed her the wrong way. Or really it scraped at her, until her brain felt like it was burning. It was Victoria, the main source of the problem. She was one of those stuck up students that could never let Issa forget that she'll never be anything more than her father. Every Slytherin to her is a Death Eater who shouldn't be trusted, every Ravenclaw a nerd... And obviously she believed she was above everyone because she was part of the proud Gryffindors and friends with the Potters.