Chapter 16

Albus's head banged against the train's cold window. Vapor fogged his vision, and the trees shot by blurred and disappeared on the corner of his eye. Albus tried hiding The Marauder's Map with his robes (which he had yet to put on). Hugo and Rose were discussing something about they not being able to see the Thestrals, and people could simply be lying about them when Albus lifted his head and shouted that if his father had seen them, and he had told him so, they were true. How else did he get to the Ministry, fart flying? Maybe the last part wasn't necessary, but that shut them up.

He searched for Issa's name on the Map, but she was nowhere. It clenched Albus's stomach. He was so used to finding her with only a glance. Albus had been looking at his Map more frecuently ever since he had seen Eden Lestrange's name, in worry that Issa spent too much time with him. He didn't trust a Lestrange. There was no use to worry, eight out of ten times Albus saw his map, she was with him. Once, they had been so close Albus only hoped it had been a long embrance. His grip on a note he held tightened.

Maybe he was stalking... No, there was better words for that. Observing was right. Wanting to see where someone was wasn't being a stalker...

Issa could be in the Room of Requirement. James had told him it was one of the rooms of Hogwarts which the map didn't show. Very little people knew about that room, where could she be?

His thoughts drifted to the moment when he could feel her close. Very close. He couldn't believe what he was thinking. Kissing Narcissa Malfoy? Was he looking to getting punched in the face? But at that moment, he couldn't stop. He was already closing up to her, Albus wasn't going to be the one backing out. He liked Issa.

Oh, he liked her. Very much, indeed. He hadn't ever thought of it until his mother called his name the day after Christmas while he played with a Snitch, throwing it in the air and catching. He had stood up from his bed and poked his head out the door. Albus's hair poked out from every side. "Someone's sent you a letter!" She had said and Albus's heart thumped so hard he almost slipped down the stairs with his mismatching socks. "It's from..." Albus snatched it before she could read who it was from. He already knew. He had been waiting for it all Christmas. Well, he didn't exactly know, but more liked hoped. Albus had hoped so hard.

It was like a Muggle receiving the newest Xbox console. His fingers shook as he truggled to open the letter, storming back to his room. "What did you order this time?" Ginny shouted.

"Uh, nothing." He said back, working out the right words. Albus fumbled with the seal and finally opened it. The aroma he loved of fresh parchment fresh in his nose. Albus stopped himself, and thought about it for a second. Since when did Issa write letters to him? What could she possibly say to him? His fantazies went something like: Albus Severus Potter I'm in love with you... But knowing Narcissa, she wasn't the girl for feelings expressing. Actually, Albus didn't even know Issa that much. He didn't know her middle name, or what her favourite flavour of jelly beans was. God, what even was her birthday? Albus remembered, August 9th.

He held the note, terrified of what could be inside. She wouldn't prank him, would she? He unfolded the letter, what if it didn't fill his expectatives?

The paper was unfolded, and there was nothing on the page. It was blank. Blank. His insides crushed and he saw Issa's face dying of laughter at what his face probably looked like.

Then, spotches of ink started to spread across the letter. As he read them, more appeared. He recognized her handwriting, and his eyes couldn't read fast enough. He ate her letters up, and read quicker than it wrote itself. When he finished, he read it again. He felt like the note was written to him, and only him. Which she had, as she had explained.

Hope you didn't think this was a blank paper and threw it away... Were her first letters. He wasn't expecting a "Dear Albus", thank goodness. He wouldn't have been able to handle it.