Chapter 12

Issa was eager to let go of the vision she had seen in Divination class. Had it been a vision of her future? The thought made Issa shudder, what could she possibly do to find herself in that situation? Issa thought about seeking help with Sybil, the Divination teacher, but the next time she had class with her, Trelawney ignored her. It seemed purposely, Issa wan't happy about that.

At breakfast, Albus sat close to her, not at the same table, he sat in Gryffindor's, and Issa in Slytherin's. But he was still close. So close, in fact, I had to resist the urge to turn herself around and talk to him, like she'd always done.

Their shoulders brushed against each other when she walked inside a classroom and he walked out. Issa tried to not look at him when he did. He'd lock eyes with her with those sad eyes as if it were her fault! And when she did look at him, she couldn't hold it for long, because all she saw was the image of his face caked with dried and fresh blood from the vision in the dark chamber.

Issa was close to finishing her D.A.D.A homework (one whole page of "Wizard's History Among Dragons") when she felt someone hovering over her. She scretly hoped it to be Eden.

"Lovely handwriting." A sweet voice said. Issa grinned, hiding her face in the curtains of her hair.

"Thanks." She managed. Issa tried not to shiver as she felt Eden's heat behind her.

"Do you mind risking a walk outside? I want to show you something." Eden said.

It was past time to scurt the hallways to Hogwarts... "I'm all about risking." Issa responded.

Eden had given her a potion to drink. It looked dark and thick, like oil. "Not as bad as it looks, trust me." Eden had said, when he'd gulped it down. Issa wasn't sure if he'd been lying, because as soon as he'd drank the potion, his body had disappeared. No, camouflaged. Issa knew from Potions Class.

Issa hesitated with her potion, but sipped it quickly. It tasted like plastic. The taste stayed to her tongue. Gross out, she saw her body vanish. They both walked all the way to the Great Lake, unnoticed.

Issa was tired, and decided to ask. "Where are we going. Please don't say we're taking a jump into the Lake."

He chuckled. "No, we're going into the Forbidden Forest."

* * *

She shivered, freezed. The tips of her ears twitched, it was a weird talent of hers. The forest looked eerie, it wasn't as if she'd never been in it before, but not ever this late at night. She thought were the creatures where hiding. Their eyes on her back, watching.

At some point, Eden had turned visible again, and turned around instantly. Issa jumped. "I am very excited." He said with true enthusiasm in his voice. It mader her laugh silently, she never expected Eden so say that.

"For what?" She asked, more curious.

"For these," He said, and opened his hand. On his palm lay about ten glowing pearls. Issa furrowed her eyebrows. "You've never heard of them?" Issa shook her head.

"Well apart from tasting like the most delicious thing ever, as the legends say," He grapped one and twirled it in between his fingers. "They'll make you glow in the dark, eternally." A wicked smile played on his face. Issa wondered why he would want to glow forever. "I'm very fond of legends, if you don't know." He grinned. Issa loved his love for legends. He told her stories at breakfast or as they watched the fire crackle in the Slytherin dungeons.

"The thing is...no one wants to glow eternally. But how could someone resist the taste of these?" His eyes looked hungry.

"Um..." Issa looked worried. She imagined Eden glowing as he walked down halls, as he ate dinner...

"But as I've told you, it's a legend. What if it's all a lie?"

"Eden, I wouldn't..."

"Humph, I thought you were all about risking." This got Issa's temper to rise, but she said nothing.

Eden raised his eyebrows and looked directly at her as he brought a glowing berry close to his face. Before Issa could stop him, Eden popped it into his mouth. Issa's jaw dropped as she waited for him to start glowing. Eden had his eyes closed shut.

"Am I glowing?"

Issa brought her hands to her face. "Eden..." She whispered. "What have you done?!"

"Wait- what?!" His eyelids flew open and he stared at his hands. When he saw they looked the same, he frowned. "Issa, you sc-"

Issa was paralized. "Blimey, your eyes!"

"Is this another trick becau-"

"No Eden, your bloody eyes are glowing!"

Eden straightened and said nothing. "How cool do I look." He said more like a statement, as if he already knew.

"Er-" Issa started. She searched his eyes. They casted a low green light, making his face look eerie. Issa wasn't sure if to laugh or look horrified. They were like flashlights. When he blinked, the forest was pitch black for a second, then it came back to the dim glow.

Eden began to laugh silently, which grew into a bigger laugh. In a few seconds, he was clutching his stomach with one hand and covering his mouth with the other. "For the... (laugh) love of... (laugh) Merlin's beard..."

Issa giggled, and accompanied him in his chorus of laughter. As she chuckled, Issa decided to grab a berry from the vine. They were hard to find, they didn't glow when they were attached to the vine, but they did when they were unattached. She was bringing it to her mouth when Eden grabbed her wrist. Her mouth opened, and stayed open.

"I like your grey eyes better." He said, and Issa felt a mix of hatred and something she could only describe in words as: Oh my God he likes my eyes!

Issa dropped the berry. Eden let go, his glowing eyes looked deeply into hers. She looked away.

They were heading back when Issa remembered to ask, "And... How did it taste?"

Eden scratched his head and said, "Well, like mustard."

"Hm...not worth it then?"

"What do you mean? I just proved a legend!"

"So what are you going to do about your eyes?"

"Live with them, I guess."

"You're not going to Madam Promfey or anything?"

"Is it really that bad?" Issa bit her lip.

"Wait, stop." Eden said when they reached the edge of the forest. "You have to take the potion again."

* * *

A smile played on her lips as she slid under the covers of her soft bed. For once, she could ignore the snores of her dorm-mates. Even Thalia Wish's.

On her palm, she counted seven little berries. Eden hadn't noticed, but she'd taken a few. They were amazing for pranks, how could she not?

Issa rolled one between her thumb and index finger, then accidentally squeezed too hard. Liquid sprayed over her blankets and dripping down her arm. Thankfully, nothing was on her face. And weirdly, her fingers or blanket didn't start to glow.

She sighed in relief.