Chapter 36

The world was frozen, paralyzed. Time didn't exist, it was only a myth. The only thing she heard was the repeating echo of Albus's words:

Girl I'm in love with...

In love with...

Love...

Since when did that word have anything to do with her?

Her heart was pounding in her ears. Her eyes wide as she stared into the blue. Albus's hand still held on to hers and it was the only thing anchoring her to reality...or maybe it was the opposite.

Her first thought: It's not real.

How could it be? No. This had to be another lie, another trick. Love and lie was only one word, she had made herself remember that.

If Albus wasn't referring to the grass, then the only other option was her. She was what he most desired. She was what he wanted.

Desired. What a strong word.

I million years could have passed before Issa made the slightest sound to proof she was still alive and breathing. She felt Albus's hand grip tighter on hers.

He spoke, "I do, Issa. I love you more than anything. And I needn't the Mirror to tell me so." Issa, who was never good at words, was more than puzzled. Her only choice was to demonstrate what she meant to say instead of actually saying it.

Trembling, despite the hot air, she brought their interlaced hands to her chest. It was like a tiger trying to escape its cell. Loud and thundering.
Then, she lifted them higher, to caress her cheek that burned like an inferno.

She needed to know he was real... But how? He was solid, and warm. She could smell the fragrant of the soap on his hands. His fingertips brought cursing electricity to her cheek. How could he be an illusion? Then again, Issa had thought Eden had been real...

She finally opened her mouth to speak, still not knowing what to say or where to start. She could've been in space, floating around into nothingness. Before she could say something, Albus croaked, "Not to worry, I'm about to faint as well."

* * *

"You will come, right?" Said Albus. "It would be nice for you to visit my house."

"Of course, I'll send you an owl if I can't." Narcissa wrapped her arms around his neck. It felt different to know she always someone she could hug, and he would always be okay with it.

Albus slipped his hands out of his pockets to hug her back, trying to take as much of her in. He wouldn't see her in a while...

"You won't forget about me, right?" Issa joked. It also felt good to have someone to say those things to.

"How could I? Don't you remember? It is impossible for me to forget you." He said and looked over his shoulder, his family had arrived. Just after Issa's family had, too. They needed to hurry up.

"I'll make sure you come around some day, okay? You will." Albus had insisted she went to their house for summer break of Christmas, but how could she? Issa was not ready to face her fathers old enemies.

But those were my father's, not mine, she told herself.

"You can count on that, Potter." Albus sighed, his head rolled back, a grin on his face.

"I should be gone, but I can't get away from you, what have you done?"

"Maybe I added some Potion in your drink this morning." Issa made a guilty face.

Albus chuckled and leaned down, thinking he would give her a kiss. Yes, a kiss would be enough to unglue himself from her. But just before their lips met, he remembered:

"Albus, you're going to kill me." Narcissa had said after he had confessed he loved her. Her eyes looked almost black in the light of the bright sky and the wind was blowing oh so nicely. "If you keep saying these things, my heart won't be able to take it." She frowned but laughed.

It took a moment for him to reply, "Then I'll wait until it is."

Albus stopped himself. Was he really going to lean down and kiss her? What a way to ruin everything. How could he have been to careless? "Forgive me." He told her softly. He would kill her, but she would drive him mad. How long did he have to wait?

Issa was flustered, and she only regretted the day she'd told Albus to wait. Ugh, how much she wanted that kiss!

Issa drove her teeth to her lip, bitting it hard. Even if he couldn't kiss her, Albus never disappointed her. He smacked his lips against her cheek.

"Have a nice vacation, Issa." He said, pronouncing her name like "Ee-sawwww".

"Same for you, Al." Issa said, his name hanging. These were parting words, she didn't want him to go. Don't go.

Albus was going. He beginning to mix with the mass of people, looking for his family. Issa's family were looking for her, she saw them, her mother, father and Scorpius they stood still, craning their necks and looking around.

Issa knew Albus would give her a last glance, he always did, but she left before he could. Issa didn't want to miss him more. It would only be a few weeks without him. Only until school started again and she would be in her sixth year at Hogwarts. Albus would be in his last.

You might have thought Issa had wanted Albus to wait so she could sort her feelings out, but the truth was her feelings were already aligned. She knew perfectly how she felt about Albus. Really. The thing was, she was scared. Not scared of Albus, but scared that if their relationship went by too quickly, it would be over too soon. Was it not how it worked?

Yes. It was right for him to wait. Even if it became harder by day. Albus was really trying to make her give up, but she insisted. Issa was happy. For 15 years she hadn't known what it felt to be truly cared for. Not in the way Albus did.

Issa met with her family, they gave her a warm smile and she wondered if they knew anything about the Chambers. Though, that was old story, it had been ages ago. A myth. A story, like the ones Damius always told. She wasn't going to forget about it, but it didn't mean it had been real.