Chapter 15

She trembled to the bone. Half from fright, half from coldness. If she moved, her legs buckled. The growl that came from somewhere, getting nearer and nearer. Steps, hard and echoing, making her jump. And not to mention, he was completely lost.

Curse you, Potter! Was the first thing she thought. It was a prank, how could have she been so stupid? Obviously, it was one. Ugh, and she had called him a friend. What a disgust.

The stone he had gave her...why else would he give her something so nice? Potter! And she had helped him! If she ever saw his face again...

Where was the exit? She needed to get back to Hogwarts before that, thing, whatever it was found her. Issa tried to remember the way she'd come, but it was a lost cause. Anger cursed through her, What had he done? Was this his way to say thanks?

Issa bit her lip, I'm going to kill him!

If, she thought. I'm not killed first.

Issa decided to keep going forward, the path had to lead her somewhere. She couldn't still believe how deep Hogwarts went. Like a labyrinth. She came to a three-way passageway. Issa chose to go left, but turned right when her bracelet began to tremble. She took it as a bad sign. For once, she thanked her father.

With every turn she took, she cursed Albus's name.

Damn him!

Potter!

Stupid, idiot, bloody Potter!

"Potter? With another child? Already like the Blood-traitors of the Weasleys! Never listen to them, Narcissa. They've always got a trick up their filthy sleeve! Trust me." Her father had said as he read the Daily Prophet.

Then a noise came from the left corridor. It was someone, the taps of the shoes against the ground echoed. Issa stepped backwards and banged the back of her head against the wall. She rubbed her head and fell backwards, as the stone wall behind her disappeared. A human-sized whole opened for her. Issa stepped in. It hadn't been a wall at all, but a door.

She seached inside the room when Issa head the shriek of a cat. Ms. Norris. Issa knew her moans too well. If Filch's ugly cat was here, then the Caretaker must be, as well. That must've been the footsteps she'd heard.

"Hang them with chains like the old times!" Filched raspy voice exclaimed. He was going to find her.

Apparently today, Issa was being followed by everything.

With her wand's light Issa was able to find a door. The floor crunched under her feet, her wand had showed her they were bones. They were tiny vertebrates and skulls, they could be mice bones. Issa turned the knob after drying her hand with the sleeve of her robes.

"Alohomora!" She cried. Issa turned the knob and stepped out. She found herself in the Knights Room. Good. She thought. Issa was still in the seventh floor. She rushed out the of lined Knights and laughed as she felt safe again in the known floors of Hogwarts.

* * *

A Hippogrif's nest. That's what Issa's hair probably looked like as she told Eden what she'd heard and seen.

Eden's eyes (they weren't glowing because it wasn't dark enough) were wide. Maybe out of amazement of her story, or how wicked the statement of her hair was.

"How could you have found the Gryffindor's Chamber? Just like that? You're not even a Gryffindor!" His voice was rich of joy and curiosity.

The worst thing was, Issa explained her story as if she had been brave or a super hero, but she knew, from her uncontrolled shivering, Eden saw through her lies. He never said anything, though. Issa was thankful for it.

"I was guided." Issa explained an showed her the green stone. "By this. I don't even know what it is." Issa frowned. "God, it sounds so ridiculous. I don't even think it was-"

"Issa," he said, shutting her up. "I believe you. You believed me, so I'll do the same to you." She was relieved. He touched the tiny cut on her cheek with his thumb and leaned forward before Issa even noticed.

She was lost with his lips against hers. She was embarrassed by her statement. her lips were dried and parted, unlike his perfect warm ones. She smelled chocolate, which he probably had been drinking earlier. He smoothed her disheveled hair and Issa urged to do the same, but her arms were glued to her sides.

Issa hadn't had many kisses before. Not enough to call herself a good kisser. She had never even had a boyfriend before. Mostly for two reasons. 1) Her father. Strict as hell and 2) Issa didn't find any importance in having one, unlike Reagan, who was already snobbing the kid beside her on the Hogwarts Express on her Second Year.

Issa had found many guys attractive, or cute, but no one reached her expectations. Eden probably did, and more.

The kiss was shorter than Issa had wanted, her cheeks were flushed. She was worried and embarrassed, Issa just hoped her lack of experience hadn't ruined it. How many girls had Eden kissed? Was she in the list of "Worst Top 5". Issa begged not.

Then Eden smiled. A true, warm smile that battled Issa's nerves away.

She almost forgot about her anger toward Albus.