15k special (p.1)

Things had been going well for the couple, in the passed couple of months. That is until one day~

Author POV

"I'M NOT SAYING I WANT TO BREAK UP!" Colby let's out with exasperated sigh

"All I'm saying is that I want to have a little bit more freedom that's it." He pleads, hoping and praying the other will hear his pleas and let him.

Let's rewind to twenty minutes ago~

Colby is standing outside of his boyfriends office, thinking of how to phrase his argument.

You see, Colbys been doing odd jobs here and there since he quit his old job six months ago, under the request of his lover.

But, recently he found an add online for a cashier for a cute little bakery on the upside of town.

His only problem?

Maverick.

Maverick has been keeping a watchful eye on Colby, since the word has spread that the king has a mate.

He's limited Colbys outside time, upped his bodyguards, and went as far as shutting a news station down after they showed a picture of Colby.

Blame it on his daddy/sire instincts but he's not taking any chances on Colbys safety.

Which is why Colbys taking so much time to plan his wording correctly. He can't just waltz right in and say 'I'm getting a job and you can't stop me' to his boyfriend, unless he wants a cherry red bottom.

After what feels like an eternity, he finally musters up enough courage to raise his fist and knock on the door.

Hearing a low 'come in' from the other side of the door he opens it, saying a silent prayer that this goes well.

"My love, how many times have I told you, you don't need to knock, you are far more important than work."

Colby felt a small blush creep onto his face at his lovers words, momentarily forgetting why he came here in the first place.

"I need to talk to you." He said in the firmest voice he could muster.

Maverick just raised his eyebrows and nodded his head for his love to go on.

"I found a-an a-add online f-for a bakery on the upside in need of a cashier I was wondering if I could apply?" He was proud of himself for only stuttering a little bit.

Maverick on the other hand was pissed.

"Why do you want to work?" Maverick asks, trying his hardest to keep his cool and not lash out.

"I don't want to be completely dependent on you. And I want a little bit of the freedom I had before back. Plus it gives me something to do while I'm bored during the day." Colby explains with a sigh.

This conversation was slowly turning into an argument.

"You don't need to have any fear about being dependent on me,baby. I'll always be there for you. That being said is the reason why I can give you that freedom back. As long as you're associated with me many of my enemies will see you as a week point for me. I can't take the chance of you getting hurt because you don't want to be completely dependent."

Colby went to protest, but was quickly silence by Mavericks hand infront of his face.

"My answer is final no."

"Maverick you can't keep me locked up here forever, I'll go insane!" Colby exclaimed

"So you would rather break up?!" Maverick fired back.

"I never said that. I just want to fly free."

"The only way to do that is by breaking up with me. So you would rather break up with me."

"For fudge sake, that's not what I said!"

Which is what lead them to now~

"I'M NOT SAYING I WANT TO BREAK UP!"

"I only want a little bit more freedom. That's it." Colby pleads, hoping and praying the other will hear his pleas and let him.

"I'm sorry baby, but that's not going to happen as long as I'm watching." Maverick says with finality.

"Well I'm sorry too."

"Why would you be sorry?" Maverick asks as his brows furrow.

He doesn't get a response. Instead there's a large amount of white powder blown in his face, knocking him out a second later.

"For that." Colby says, as he walks out of the office with tears streaming down his face.

It hurt him deeply to cause any kind of distress to his lover. But how else was he supposed to free himself?

He knew it was only a matter of time until someone found the king, so he quickly made his way back to his and Mavericks room.

Grabbing a bag from the closet, he started packing as fast as he could, throwing in stuff like photos of him and maverick, passports, and 2k that he had hidden from his daddy when he moved in.

Slinging the bag over his shoulder, he made his way out of the room. He took servant corridors, them had less cameras in them than the main hallway and they were easier to avoid.

Pretty so he found himself face to face with the thick woods surrounding the castle. Taking one last look over his shoulder, he stepped into the forest, escaping into the night.

To be continued~

——————————————-
A/n
Hey guys I apologize for this being so late I had trouble with ideas and I kinda fell into a slump after my dog passed away

With that being said I thank each and every one of you who commented with comforting words on my last A/n I honestly couldn't get through half of them without crying you all are so incredibly sweet and I'm so thankful to have such supportive readers

weekly shout out will start again once regular chapters start coming out

Also the next and last part of the special will be out tm fair warning it's going to be rlly long lol

As always thank you to everyone who voted on my last chapters💜

Word count: 1009

See ya my lovelies💜💜💜