Am I In Love With Jack Frost?

Edited

"Can I please go dad, pretty please?" I begged him if I could go to the town called Burgess. I heard that they have amazing snowball fights, and I'm dying to be in one of them.

"Absolutely not! It's too dangerous, especially by yourself." He said.

"But I need to go, please." I made the puppy dog face, knowing that it always works on him.

However, this time it didn't.

I kept asking him over and over but he refused to let me go. So I just gave up, and he went back to check his naughty and nice list, even though Easter was coming up and not Christmas.

I'm Belle, Belle Claus, daughter of Santa Claus, or as some people may call him, North. My mother passed away when I was still little and in memory of her I wear a white crystal necklace around my neck, it's the last thing she gave to me before she passed away.

Anyway, I could use the portal, but I need my dad's book to do that. Did I mention I'm an immortal, I don't know what my powers are and they haven't come in yet, but they should have a long time ago. Sometimes I worry that maybe my powers would never come in.

Moving on, I need to find a way to get dad's book and use it to open the portal. I walk up to dad's office and open the door just a tiny bit to see if he's still there. He's not, he probably went to the kitchen to get some milk and cookies. I discover that his book is on top of the stack of papers and flipping through it I find the correct page. Reading over the instructions, I do exactly what the book says, which is to say a spell, and the portal opens.

As I'm about to put the book down on the desk I hear my dad's thick Russian accent and I freeze. Unable to move for a few seconds, my body finally regains its senses and I quickly put the book back on the desk and enter the portal.