Chapter 5

**BELLE'S POV**

"Wait, how do you two know each other?" Bunny asked confused.

"We met today in Burgess." Jack said. Well here comes my punishment.

"But Belle was here in the North Pole the whole time." My dad said, I could tell he was confused.

"Actually I wasn't, I went to Burgess by myself using your portal." I said shyly.

"You what! You know you're not allowed outside the North Pole!" My dad was yelling at me now.

"I know! But I had to find out! Ever since mom died you've been treating me like a little girl! I don't want to be locked up here for the rest of my life!" I could feel the tears coming. Everyone was silent staring either at me or my dad.

I ran up to my room, tears were running down my cheeks. I locked my bedroom door, went over to my bed and started crying.

**JACK'S POV**

Everyone was silent. I decided to break it.

"So..." I said.

"Where were we?" North said sadly.

"Me being a guardian," I said.

"Ah yes!" His mood started to cheer up.

"Jack you must be a guardian, we protect all the children in the world. Pitch is giving them nightmares that could take away their hope." Tooth said.

"But I can't be a guardian," I said. I didn't want to be one.

"Jack you have too." North said.

"He can't be a guardian," Bunny protested. For once I agree with him.

But I knew I had to do it.

"Alright fine, I'll do it." I said.

Tooth squealed in happiness.

"North? Should I get Belle?" Tooth asked.

"No I will." North replied.

**BELLE'S POV**

I finally got myself to stop crying. I heard a knock on my door, I unlocked it and sat on my bed. It was my dad.

"May I come in?" He asked. I nodded my head, wiping my eyes.

"Belle I'm sorry, when your mother died I didn't know if I could be both a mom and a dad. I didn't want to lose you." I smiled at what he said.

"I know, and you're doing a great job. But I'm older now, I need to explore some places."

"I'm sorry, I just want you to always be my little girl. Let's go to the others." He said.

I walked down to the globe room. I was pretty embarrassed, I didn't mean to do that, especially in front of Jack. Wait what! I can't like Jack, I just met him, and my dad and Bunny would kill him. Bunny is like an overprotective uncle.

My dad opened the door for me, I walked in and Tooth was the first one to say something.

"Hey, you feeling better?" She asked me.

"Yeah." I answered. I sat down at a couch and listened to what they were saying. I saw Jack stare at me sometimes, I would blush and after he saw me blush so would he. Bunny sometimes looked at us suspiciously. He gave Jack one of his death glares, Jack just smirked.

My dad, Tooth and Sandy didn't notice.

"Belle, would you mind showing Jack around?" My dad asked.

"Oh sure," I answered.

Jack opened the door for me, I smiled. I showed him the workshop and dad's office, I could tell he was amazed.

"Nice place you live in," He said.

"Thanks." I answered him.

"So what do you like to do for fun?"He asked me.

"Um, I don't know." I answered back.

"I have an idea, let's go outside." He said.

We went outside, and he created a slippery snow slide.

"Um are you sure about this?" I asked him.

"Of course." He replied.

I sat in front of him and he sat behind me. He held my waist, I don't know why but it sent chills through me.

"Um maybe we... WOAH!!" My hair was in his face, I should have put it in a ponytail, but I didn't know it would be this scary.

"Don't let go!!" I yelled out.

"Don't worry, I won't!" And he grabbed my waist tighter. There were those chills again. Then we stopped.

"How was that!" He said excitedly.

"Well it was scary at first, but then it was so much fun! Let's do it again." I said, I felt like a little girl.

"I have a better idea." He said and he smirked at me.

He grabbed my waist again, but this time he made us fly, soon we were floating in the air. I gasped, I held him tighter.

"Hey, its alright, haven't you ever been in your dad's sleigh?" He asked me.

"Yeah, well when I was in my dad's sleigh, I was IN the sleigh." I replied.

I felt like I was slipping so I put my arms around his neck, and he put both of his around my waist. Before we knew it we were both staring at each other's eyes. Then he started to lean in, and so was I. But then a voice interrupted us, and we both pulled away, but he still held me.