42. mastermind

Rin and Obito we're in the forest went into a secret location that only can be guided by the map in his hand. They stopped in front of the cave seeming they reach the location.

"I think it's here" Obito said confirm hat he reached their destination.

"How can you be certain?" Rin asked him.

"Because this is the place where I meet an old friend" Obito said. Rin cannot help but feel doubt of his old friend that he speaks of.

"Are you sure it was him? I mean he leave us with a paper that guided us to this cave and without tell us why?"

"Yes, I'm sure of it he is a busy man yet made many enemies around the world."

Rin looked at him wondered about his old friend " How do you meet him?"

"Well, he. He saved me at the time where I was injured badly at the last of our union as a team. He was very old at the time I see him. Literally more than 90 years old, perhaps. He is not bad and not kind either. But he is an idealist with a purpose to make sure the world achieve peace."

"So do you share his dream and method with him?" Rin asked.

"Yes, I do. At first, I denied but after your death, I decided to fulfil his dream and mine and later to be stopped by that idiot blonde"

"Why do you resist at first isn't that good?"

"Because it's slavery. His peace is flawed. Believing that order could maintain peace yet no freedom. I've been foolish for completing his moon plan"

"Then, why do want to meet him? Can he be trusted?"

"Yes, even though he is a madman but he has the same goals as his friend. Peace and prosperity not only to the village but around the world." Obito said sincerely.

"I'm amused about what you said about me. I must say I'm touched" The unknown man said from his side with emphasizing the last word of the sentence.

Obito and Rin turned his head to their left to see a man with long raven hair looking at them. He wearing blue robes and white trousers.

"It's been a while Uchiha Madara" Obito and Madara locked in a gaze.

"I thought you wouldn't come. To be honest you precede my expectation" Madara chuckled.

"Cut the chat, Madara. What is the urgent that you want to call me here?"

"It's approximately about Zetsu? They seemed to have a master" Madara said with concern to his topic.

"Aren't you supposed to be their leader"

"No, I'm never was" Madara admitted.

Rin was clueless. What the heck is Zetsu? "Can you tell me what is zetsu?"

Madara looked at Rin and started to explain to her " Zetsu is a Humanoid plant. They were mass-produced from The divine tree. They have less IQ than an average human but they are still dangerous. They can transform his hand into a weapon and regenerate. Fortunately, they are lethal to fire. That made it easy for the one that has fire nature."

"It's literally means that the person that becomes their master have an army of Zetsu" Rin concluded.

"Exactly, that why is dangerous. I've been searching for their true master and I found it" Madara said.

"Whoever this person is, she really good in hiding" Obito comment.

"So who is the zetsu master," Rin asked.

"I don't know her name but I see her. At that time, I'm following some Zetsu to their secret meeting in the cave. I peeked into the cave and saw many Zetsu surround a woman. She has white long hair and wearing a white robe. I heard that she order some Zetsu to Konoha but I don't know what is her full plan is. Unfortunately, I have been found by some Zetsu who came up from behind. I was barely got out from there. My chakra wasn't full enough to fight them all. I used most of my chakra to open the portal to this timeline. I barely came out alive."