Dreams

I closed my eyes, but every single time I shut them, Bert's face appears in front of me with blood on his hands.

"Zoe, your okay. It was just a dream. It'll be fine." Bert tried to protect me.

"It felt real, it wasn't a fucking farytail." I said.

"To get it out of your mind," he let me go, "tell me about."

"I don't want to. You wouldn't like it." I said.

"Just tell me, it's only a dream. It's not true." He sighed.

"Ok, so we went to Matt's house, and he was dead along with Quinn, Jeph, Branden, and some other who we knew."

"Okay, where am I in this?" He asked.

"Well, I am being held at gunpoint by two masked men. They pick me up, and start stilting open my body, little by little."

"I think your mind is fucked up." He poked my head. "Is there more."

"Yeah, just wait for me to finish. I was then turned around so I could see their faces, the first one was Adam. The next was you." I looked down at the floor. "I don't know why the fuck I have dreams like this."

"I would never do that," He turned my head to make me look up at his eyes. "You know I wouldn't do that." He kissed my forehead. "Now try to get some sleep." I layed down and he cuddled up beside me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up about an hour later, the sun started to rise and I couldn't go back to sleep. I got up and left Bert alone.

I looked over at the clock on the microwave. It was 6 a.m.

"Fuck, why." I said to myself. I didn't want to wake up this early. I sat down on the couch and grabbed my phone off the table. There was no new messages or anything so I just threw it back on the table. I looked around the room, I didn't know what to do.

I grabbed a drink from the fridge and went down to the basement. I liked being down there, it was the only place that held instruments.

I sat on the couch and picked up the acoustic guitar on my right. I stummed it and started playing whatever was really on my mind. I put it back and sat down in the basement, I started feeling like I was about to fall asleep. I passed out around 8:30.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Should we wake her?" I heard Quinn ask.

"Nah, let her sleep. She had a scary ass dream last night so she needs some sleep." Bert said quietly, "just lets go upstairs."

I woke up, "I'm up." I whined. I sat up on the couch.

Bert and Quinn turned around on the stairs. "Morning," Bert came back down and picked me off the couch.

"What time is it?" I asked Bert.

Quinn answered my question, "It's one. I saw you go down here this morning."

"Dude, why didn't you say anything? And why did you get up that early?"

"Because I always get up early. And I thought you didn't want anyone else down there." We all got upstairs and sat down on the couch.

"Well, it would've been nice to have someone else down there." I said. I leaned on Bert.

Quinn got back up and got himself a drink. "I heard about your dream, that's fucking messed up." He took a sip of his water.

"Yeah, I don't know what or why that happened." I looked around. "What are we even gonna do today?" I asked them. "We only have a few days before the show. Ready for that?"