It's horrid to see you again

"Are you okay?" Quinn asked waking me up. My shirt was lifted so Quinn saw my bruises.

"I'm fine." I tried to stretch but I was cramped in a tiny space with Brian. I hit him in the face. "It's just from the other night. I'm fine though."

Brian turned around in the tiny bunk. "I don't wanna get up." He wined. He rubbed his eyes and opened them.

"Me neither." I made Quinn move so I could get out of the bunk. Our bunk was on the bottom so I crawled out and stretched. Brian followed.

"You ready?" Quinn asked. He held his keys in front of us.

"Yeah." I yawned and we followed Quinn to his car. The ride was slow and silent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The police station was a small place, many people filled it though.

"We are here to see Robert McCracken," Quinn said to the woman at the front desk.

"Yes, sign here." She handed us a clip board. "We'll bring him out and you can talk." She made us sit down and waited for the papers to be signed. She then took them from Quinn and took the three of us to a table that Bert was sitting at.

"Zoe!" Bert yelled from the table once he saw us coming. He stood up from his spot and ran over to me. The police officers brought him back to the table and sat him down.

"Bert," I said softly. I sat down at the table beside Brian. Quinn stood and watched, to make sure Bert didn't try anything.

"Why is he here?" Bert pointed at Brian. 

"I just wanted to figure out why to did what you did the other night." He wrapped his arm around my back and pulled me in closer.

"I was angry, I was on drugs. I'm sorry Zoe, I love you. I just was angry when I saw you with him." He started to cry.

"Bert, I know you didn't mean too. It was my fault-," my voice broke and I cried, "I'm sorry for everything. I can't make it any better now. I love you, I'm sorry for everything." I ran to him but I was pulled back by Brian. He let go and we cried in each others arms.

"Will you be mine forever?" Bert asked when he pulled away from me. "I don't care what you've done. All that matters to me is your love." The police officers pulled him away. They all took him back to his cell.

"I will Bert! I love you." Brian pulled me away from him and took me away from the station. We sat outside with Quinn.

"Why'd it have to come to this." I cried. "I love him."  Brian bent down and looked into my teary eyes.

"Zoe, look at me. He just wants you for sex and nothing else." Brian and Quinn had an idea what was going on.

"No, he loves me." I stared back into his green eyes that shone blue in the light.

"Quinn told me what you two mostly did." He looked up at Quinn and back down at my face. "He told me Bert was all over you every day. That's not always normal."

"He loves me and I know it." I didn't think of anything that Brian said was true.

"Princess, love is a connection between two people who share the same things in common and love each other for who they truly are. Not just have sex everyday until you die. That's not true love. And from what I've heard about you two, you weren't in true love." Brian wiped my tears away from my eyes.  

 "We were in love I know it." What Brian said was making a little sense. I wasn't ready to give up just yet.

"Tell me something about him that he's only told you." Brian said, he stood up and crossed his arms.