Twenty nine: Diabolism Part Two

Wei Wuxian and the others arrived in that Inn Lan Sizhui was talking about

Wei Wuxian and the others arrived in that Inn Lan Sizhui was talking about. The Inn is crowded with travelers as usual so it was lucky to be able to find a table available for them, especially traveling with six people.

While Lan Wangji inquired for spare rooms for them to stay, Wei Wuxian immediately ordered meals for them and obviously jars of wine. All four just for himself. And Jin Ling knew this so he ordered one for himself, of which he shared with Lan Sizhui.

Ouyang Zizhen too shared a jar with Lan Jingyi, in moderation, Wei Wuxian repeatedly reminded. He doesn't need a repeat of six months ago back in Lotus Pier.

Lan Wangji settled with a floral tea as expected. Or else. All he could think of was Jiang Cheng's magnolia tree in the man's yard. He pursed his lips to that thought as he sipped his tea.

The inn was typically noisy with people enjoying their meal, people laughing and murmuring but nothing out of ordinary. It was a little later just before midnight that the atmosphere in that inn changed drastically.

The laughter started to turn a pitch higher, the murmurings turned into raspy whispering and even the whole crowd were behaving strangely.

Wei Wuxian looked around, shaking his head to make sure it was not all in his head. He's drinking after all. He even looked at Lan Wangji, brow raised to affirm his suspicion. Lan Wangji replied with a nod.

He's not imagining it. The inn looked like it turned into a whore house all of the sudden - men and women seemingly on top of each other, grinding and flirting with each other, their words were explicitly flirtatious. Words that are instantly banned in the Lan Clan's books.

Thankfully, the kids are oblivious with this sudden turn of the atmosphere around them. The four of them continued conversing with each other but nothing strange about them.

Wei Wuxian stood up, his curiosity took a better of him despite Lan Wangji's warning but he shook him off. He walked past several tables, noticing each one of them did not even notice his presence, they were all caught up with their little activity with another person.

Wei Wuxian pursed his lips, noting the weird feeling he had earlier returned. At the other side of the diner, he recognized the same young man from the earlier encounter back in the plaza. The jar in the table, now tipped over in the table, is completely empty. He picked it up, picking the same scent like earlier, only this time it is more potent in the most disgusting way.

Wei Wuxian almost threw up.

It is safe to say that the wine is tinkered with malicious ingredients. It is true to all of those who consumed it - which is unfortunately everyone in the diner. Come to think of it, he recognized all of them. They were all in the queue ahead of him in the plaza. The fact that all of these travelers are acting the same way after consuming the wine says it all.