Thirty-Three- Normadic Tribe Part Three

Thirty-One: Nomads Part Three

Jin Ling pulled Lan Sizhui to him, "Close your eyes, don't mind everything else. I am here." He whispered, hiding Lan Sizhui's head on his chest to shield him from any harm.

Then the tune broke through the walls.

Ah, just in time, Jingyi. Jin Ling recognized the sound of guqin. At least, the two are trying to get them free. Jin Ling looked around, feeling the walls and could already tell that no ordinary spiritual weapon could cut them free from the inside. He just needs to trust Lan Jingyi and Ouyang Zizhen's skills outside.

-cont-

Speaking of outside, the disturbances ceased. The muzishen stepped back and merged with the trees around it. Now standing tall and unmoving, Lan Sizhui and Jin Ling remained trapped inside the tree spirit.

This time, Lan Jingyi played his guqin. He was trying to communicate with the tree spirit, hoping he could get through it. If Lan Sizhui could manage to talk to it earlier, there is no way Lan Jingyi can't.

In the midst of it, heavy strides appeared not far from them. Lan Jingyi watches the Ghost General appearing behind the bushes without breaking any tune.

"Senior Wen, I thought you would never show up!" Ouyang Zizhen welcomed the ghost general. Everyone knows that the ghost puppet is following them closely and is instructed not to intervene in their night-hunt unless necessary. "But aren't you a little late, Senior Wen? Where did you go?"

Before Wen Ning could reply, Lady Zhang approached with unimpressed strides behind him. Ah, so that answers it. Wen Ning disappeared to rescue Lady Zhang while the rest got caught fighting the vines.

Lady Zhang walked straight to the unsuspecting new form of muzishen, looking like any regular fat tree. How did she single out muzishen among all the other gigantic trees?

As she got even closer to the tree spirit, Ouyang Zizhen quickly blocked her, "Lady Zhang, this tree spirit is dangerous. You must not approach it."

Lan Jingyi expected Zhang Yaoye to push back. For the brat that she had been all day, he envisioned a little resistance from her. But what caught him off guard was that she dropped to the ground on her knees and cried.

Panicked, Ouyang Zizhen kneeled beside her and worriedly asked, "Lady Zhang, what's the matter?"

Zhang Yaoye didn't reply. Her tears were still falling when she looked up towards the towering form of the muzishen. And what transpired right after that is something Lan Jingyi cannot understand.

In that mysterious silence, Lan Jingyi's chuyun started playing independently, as if a lonely soul had caressed the strings.

Do you not recognize me?