Sixteen: Lanling Part Five

ARCHERY CLASS

Archery is not generally a focus during lectures. But today, is a free day at the summit, the sect leader Jin proposes an archery class. A nice change of pace for the lecture.

Since archery is a mandatory skill a cultivator must learn, it is already expected for all the disciples to know the basics, or for some, even experts on it. Especially the JiaoyangFu Sect, whose ancestors originated from a hunter tribe. Their main weaponry are bows and arrows. True to that, JiaoyangFu Sect disciples did not hesitate when showing their expertise in front of the other disciples.

Wu Yang and Xian Yin have both their mouths wide open whenever the said sect disciples hit the mark with ease. Although the other disciples were exemplary, it is just no use competing with the born archers of the crowd.

"Xian Yin,"

"I know how to do it," Xian Yin mumbled as he tried to set up the arrow, but ended up clumsily springing the thread against his forehead. He hissed. "Stupid bow."

Lan Jingyi laughs at the younger male, "I told you to let me show you," He pointed at Wu Yang beside him, "See, A-Yang is already good at it because he let me show him."

"Let him struggle, Sir Lan," Wu Yang rolled his eyes, "He never listens."

"I told you to just call me Jingyi-xiong. You're a disciple now, you know," Lan Jingyi reminded that made Wu Yang flustered as he nodded. Lan Jingyi patted him on his head. Whereas Xian Yin received a jab in the head from him, "Let me show you, I told you already!"

"Ow! LAN JINGYI—"

"That's SENIOR LAN for you, dumbass!" Lan Jingyi barked, grabbing the bow and arrow from Xian Yin, "Are you going to listen to me or not?"

"But you're not even good at it!" Xian Yin responded.

"Why, you!" Lan Jingyi's face turned red, wanting to say something but realized that after the JiaoyangFu Sect disciples displayed their unparalleled talents in archery, his skill paled in comparison to them. He cleared his throat, "At least I can show you the basic."

Xian Yin eyed Lan Jingyi, surprised that the older male didn't argue any further, and he thought that Lan Jingyi is so far the less boring Lan in the crowd. It was easy to rile this one up. "Fine." Maybe he will let this one slide.

Besides, he wants to learn archery so badly. It looks cool.

"If you guys will get a chance, you might have Jin Ling teach you." Lan Jingyi mumbled, arranging the bow and arrow for Xian Yin before he handed it to him with a few instructions. "He is probably the only one who can rival the JiaoyangFu Sect disciples, you know."

"Hm?" Both Wu Yang and Xian Yin raised their brows at that statement.

It took them half an hour later to realize what Lan Jingyi meant when Jin Ling finally stood up from watching from the side. It seems like he was trying to show one of the LanlingJin Sect disciples what looked like the perfect posture. When he shot the arrow, it made a clean sound before it hit the mark with lightning speed, all without ruining his perfect, relaxed stance.