Thirteen: Lanling Part Two

Koi Tower, Lanling

The LanlingJin Sect banquet is always so famous for being glamorous, from drinks, food, and down to every little detail of its presentation. And it seemed like even though the current sect leader is still very young, not even in his twenties, he appeared to have exceptional talent in organizing them.

He was very involved in all the preparation, fussing on every detail, yelling commands nonstop -sounding more and more like his uncle, Sect Leader Jiang- until he is satisfied with how everything looked. It wouldn't be surprising if the sect leader didn't sleep a wink last night.

When Wei Wuxian and Wu Yang arrived at the banquet together with Sect Leader Nie and his two senior disciples, Nie Zoudao and Nie Youren, only a few noticed them joining the crowd. Nie Huaisang joined the other QingheNie Sect juniors who sighed in relief, finally having their sect leader with them. They looked anxious on their own there.

When Wei Wuxian slipped behind the GusuLan Sect crowd, he has Wu Yang waddling behind him awkwardly. Of course, he didn't arrive there without Jiang Cheng noticing his tardiness with the way he glares at him, so he replied to him with a shameless grin.

Stopping in between his husband and Lan Xicheng, he asked, "Did I miss much?"

It was Lan Xichen who replied to him, "No, they just welcomed each sects. Right now, Sect Leader Jin is just going through the general agenda for both the summit and the lecture."

Wei Wuxian nodded and finally looked in front of him. Right in the very front of the banquet hall is Jin Ling standing with the other Jin Clan members behind him.

As the sponsoring sect of the summit and the lecture, it is expected that the Sect Leader will implement the schedules of both events.

Jin Ling has a scroll spread out as he announces the schedules, "...summit would cover the ongoing rebuilding of the Yi City. QingheNie Sect is currently leading the project, though help will be needed from other sects going forward. This will be discussed in the first week. There are numerous reports of disturbances near the south, we will discuss involvement necessary from each sects..."

Wei Wuxian smiled, watching Jin Ling with eyes full of fondness. Having to see the young Jin standing in front of the crowd without breaking a sweat, or stuttering, Wei Wuxian thinks it might have taken a lot of practice and confidence for Jin Ling to do that.

And Wei Wuxian can also see that Jiang Cheng played a massive part in this. If Jiang Cheng is not around, Jin Ling wouldn't be getting anywhere that center stage at all. Behind Jin Ling now, could be a group of conspirators ready to overturn their sect leader.

Thank God, Jiang Cheng restlessly stood guard for that opportunity never to arise.

Also, the last time that Wei Wuxian was in Koi Tower, he might have warned others that he will be keeping an eye on Jin Ling. Jiang Cheng might be holding his own in this endless battle of the Jins, but two of them would make a good threat against those who covet Jin Ling's ruling. After all, they were the Two Prides of Yunmeng, and Jin Ling is one of their own.

"By the end of the summit, we hoped to elect the next Chief Cultivator, and discuss their future plan for the betterment of the Cultivational Culture-" Jin Ling paused from his speech as the whole room instantly erupted with everyone talking all at the same time. They also started to look at GusuLan Sect's spot as they continued whispering.

This went on for a full minute before Wei Wuxian raised a brow and spoke, "Yeah, yeah. I know my Hanguang-Jun is brilliant and all, but please can we continue with the agenda so we can start the banquet. I haven't eaten since this morning." Wei Wuxian sighs as he looked in front, waving his hand at Jin Ling, "You continue, Sect Leader Jin, you're doing great!" He gave him a nod.