Twenty Six: Yunmeng Part Three

A little while before the Magnolia tree was cut in half

Dinner between Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji, Jiang Cheng, and Lan Xichen went through peacefully with them conversing, mostly about Jiang Cheng's recent case of grave robbery in the neighboring town. The juniors preferred to dine with the resident YunmengJiang Sect juniors. The last time they checked on them, the juniors were making sure that both Xian Yin and Wu Yang get the welcome they deserve.

Wei Wuxian, though, is especially watching Lan Xichen trying to distract Jiang Cheng from having him drink. The first bowl of wine went down well, Wei Wuxian realized that Lan Xichen does not get drunk from his first bowl. Unlike his husband.

The second bowl of wine was something Lan Xichen couldn't refuse, so he took a sip hesitantly. Wei Wuxian eyed him, excitement hidden behind the bowl of wine that he's currently drinking. This time, he noticed that Lan Xichen's ears had gotten red and he could not seem to stay still on his seat.

At least he does not fall asleep but why is Lan Xichen smiling wider than he usually does?

Wei Wuxian poured another wine, encouraging both Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen to drink, wondering how it will all turn out. How does Lan Xichen act when he is drunk? Is he worse than his younger brother?

Lan Wangji only made a soft sigh beside him, knowing full well what his husband is trying to achieve here.

The third bowl of wine was Lan Xichen's limit when he started chuckling to himself. "Ah... what a beautiful night, soft breeze, floral scent around me," His eyes met with Jiang Cheng's, who was eyeing him back confusedly, "Aren't you a lovely sight?"

"Pfft." Wei Wuxian nearly choked on the wine that he was drinking when he heard that last bit. Finally now realizing that a drunk Zewu-jun is nothing like his husband at all. Zewu-Jun is a romantic. His words are sentimental, almost poetic that is so hilarious to hear especially the look of embarrassment in Jiang Cheng's face.

Lan Wangji shook his head, thinking if he could just disappear right now.

Yet, before Lan Xichen could speak more embarrassing words, they all heard loud screaming from the junior's quarters so both Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian stood up immediately. "Better check that." Jiang Cheng said, after all, he is the Sect Leader. Wei Wuxian followed, fearing it could be Xian Yin and Wu Yang.

On their way there, they caught up with Jin Ling, Lan Sizhui, and Lan Jingyi, who looked like they heard the commotion too. Wei Wuxian noted the stench of alcohol on the three kids, wondering where the three went to come back drunk. Well, at least Jin Ling and Lan Jingyi. Especially Lan Jingyi, who marched, in wobbly manner, towards where they left Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji.

"I better follow Jingyi before he causes trouble." Lan Sizhui said to his father.

"Alright," Wei Wuxian replied, quickly following Jiang Cheng, who is now walking with Jin Ling.