Thirty One: Nomadic Clan Part One

Lan Xichen stood up. He had finished checking the pulse of the young miss that lay on the bed. "She will wake up soon." He told Lan Wangji, who was standing by the door, waiting for his older brother to carefully check Zhang Yaoye.

Zhang Yaoye collapsed in exhaustion the moment they escaped Tanmi Congze's hideout. She had been lying unconscious for the past five days, recuperating from the spiritual trauma her captivity had caused her. During those days, her physical injuries healed quicker than normal. They're even more convinced now that Zhang Yaoye is from a cultivation clan as she undeniably reacted to the spiritual healing they performed on her.

The Twin Jades of Lan returned to the dining hall where they found Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian conversing to themselves, a bottle of potent wine shared in between them. And it's the most YunmengJiang sight there is. The two Lans smiled at the sight before they could even stop themselves.

"Thank you for checking in, Xiongzhang." Lan Wangji started as they walked towards his husband and Jiang Cheng, "But may I ask where you were intending to go before you heard from us?" It only took half a day for his brother and his companions to arrive in Meinan City after he sent him a butterfly messenger.

"We were nearby. We stopped by the outskirts of Meinan City to night-hunt. We heard a disturbance caused by low-level ghouls. Thought it would be good practice for Wu Yang and Xian Yin before we head to Qinghe." Lan Xichen said truthfully.

Lan Wangji nodded, agreeing that low-level ghouls will be the perfect foe in developing golden core and increasing skills for inexperienced cultivators. "Qinghe, Xiongzhang?"

Lan Xichen chuckled, he leaned in to explain, "You see, A-Cheng finally relented to Xian Yin's obsession with learning sabremanship. So, we decided to send Xian Yin to QingheNie Sect to learn from the masters."

Lan Wangji's head confusedly tilted to the side, "Sabre? How did he get a sabre?"

By now, the brothers had arrived at Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian's table, Jiang Cheng answered with a grunt, "Hah! How else? Huaisang thought it would be hilarious to give that boisterous boy a sabre. It's basically futile to get him a spiritual sword now."

A few days ago in Yunmeng.

When the rowdy group led by Wei Wuxian left Lotus Pier to follow a case about the notorious Tanmi Congze, Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen also departed to see a sword maker he frequents whenever a new disciple advances in his cultivational skill. On this particular trip, he needed to pick up the swords he specifically requested for the newest addition to his sect, Xian Yin and Wu Yang.

The two young disciples left for Yuetong Town with the other disciples, it had something to do with feeding the street children or something. Jiang Cheng didn't really mind what they do in their spare time, as long as they complete a case submitted based in Yuetong Town too.

Jiang Cheng aimed to give them their spiritual swords when they got back. The two have accumulated enough spiritual power to hold a sword. Cultivating with swords will help increase their skill and prowess much quicker.

Before midnight that day, the young disciples arrived, gifting their dear sect leader a bottle of wine dubbed to be the best in the land. With this, Jiang Cheng exchanged the bottle of wine with the swords he picked up earlier.

"Wu Yang," Jiang Cheng breathed in, reaching for the sword Lan Xichen handed him. He gave the said disciple the weapon, "I'm not sure if it will be to your liking-"

"Ah Clan Leader Jiang, I love it!" Wu Yang's eyes instantly burst with happiness as he reached for the sword. The moment his fingers made contact with the scabbard, which was made of wood and steel embellished with intricate design, the sword pulses as if the spirit within the sword responded to its fated owner. Wu Yang gasped at the sensation, tearing up, "T-Thank you so much, Clan Leader Jiang!" He repeatedly said and bowed at the same time.