Nine: Blue Orchid Part Three

CLOUD RECESSES

CLOUD RECESSES

Jingshi.

Lan Wangji heard his husband's footsteps coming inside Jingshi . He heard how clumsy his paces are, and he can already guess that his husband had drunk a little too much.

Lan Wangji got back about an hour ago after his lengthy conversation with his brother, Lan Xichen. He came to look for his husband right after, but the other still seemed occupied talking with his uncle Lan Qiren. So, he decided to leave them to themselves, it is after all, rare for anyone to willingly talk about his husband's parents, other than the fact that not a lot was known about them. He can imagine how this could make his husband overjoyed.

"Lan Zhan."

Lan Wangji continued the melody he was playing on his guqin. Plucking the strings, a song that accompanied him for many years as he reminisced the good and the bad times about the very person that sat in front of him.

"How could you stay alone here playing your guqin," Wei Wuxian pouted, but then he smiled, giggling, "handsomely too." He added.

Lan Wangji didn't look up as he just continued playing the chords, fighting the blush from showing on his cheeks. Even now, it is still hard to believe that his husband thinks of him that way. Back then, during their younger days in Cloud Recesses, he always finds Wei Wuxian good-looking, scratch that, Wei Wuxian got him from the very first moment he climbed that wall with that big grin on his face holding two jars of emperor's smile.

That the first instinct of unsheathing bichen to meet suibian was because he wanted to see up close the face that aroused the curiosity of the uncaring second brother Lan. Needless to say, that face didn't let him sleep that night– and the rest of the nights succeeding that first encounter, until these days.

That Wei Wuxian, whom he had a crush on since that fateful night, thought of him as handsome. That after all these years, he still couldn't get past the thought that his husband finds him attractive. His silly heart just couldn't keep calm.

Wei Wuxian made a loud sigh, "Today..." He smiled, swaying his head to the melody of his husband's guqin, "...is not bad. I didn't expect dabaizi to prepare something for our first anniversary. Qiangbi-shupo went all the troubles with the female seniors to make me a robe, even comb my problematic hair, you know how complicated combing my hair, right? It takes you nearly all morning to even keep them tidy in a bun. Not only that, even that brat Jiang Cheng helped preparing that banquet. Who knows he has a knack on these kinda things. Must be because he has been looking after all the YunmengJiang Sect banquets all by himself all these years, that man is actually good at what he is doing now. I always knew he would make a great sect leader..." Wei Wuxian smiles to himself.

Wei Wuxian's monologue about the day resumed. He talked about literally everything, about the juniors, about the surprise on the elders' faces when they saw him walking, about the food and the seemingly endless queue of emperor's smile ready for him to devour, about finally having to cross the line between him and Lan Qiren, and about hearing fun stories about his parents in the eyes of the elder Lan.