Chapter Two: Making Acquaintances

~Author's Note
Why is Emily Rudd so beautiful? She plays Fallon BTW :3 Also, I was a little vague in the description, so to clear things up, Brooks cursed Fallon so that she would see herself and her reflection as ugly, but to others, she still has the beauty and youth as before the curse, but of course, no-one has really seen this side of Fallon since she hides herself. Okay, read onwards my bishes<333

[True beauty touches the heart not the eyes]
-Unknown

The rest of the day passed without too much drama, but Fallon remained on edge and tense throughout, feeling as if someone, or everyone, was watching her, waiting for her clumsiness to cause her to fall over so they could laugh at her unappealing features. Fallon despised herself. Why did she have to be born this way? Was it her fate to be ugly and shunned from society forever? Then again, Fallon reminded herself, she was the one hiding away... She shook her head. In a way, she was protecting everyone else. They might become scarred if they caught a glimpse of her face, and although that thought almost reduced her to tears, she knew it was the harsh, harsh reality.

She gulped as she passed another group of muttering students, shuffling along past them as they shoved each other playfully and one almost trod on her foot. Invisible, she chanted in her head like a mantra, stay invisible. The bell had rung a while ago, and as always, Fallon had stayed back, tucking her things into her bag with unneeded caution and smoothing out every page in her book before deciding the hallways were clear enough for her to get home safely. Nevertheless, some students still lingered by the lockers, their infectious laughter for some reason not infecting her.

Fallon paused for a second and pondered at the thought. Had she ever smiled? Or rather, did she know how to smile? The thought was banished from her mind as soon as it arrived - why should there be a need for her to smile if there was no-one to see it? She felt saddened at the thought but accepted the truth, continuing on for home. Apparently, she had waited to long though, for a few short seconds later, the delinquents that were held back for detention came bursting out the room.

Frozen in her tracks, Fallon's heart thumped in her chest irregularly. Thumpity-thump. Thumpity-thump. A shock of pain shot through her as she fell onto her knees, the rowdy group of teenagers shoving past her with tremendous barrels of raucous, deep laughter and reducing her to her knees by the sheer rush of air that passed afterwards. The collection of folders in her hands splayed out over the ground with a scraping sound as Fallon weakly reached out for her possessions, her knee-caps burning with a horrible sensation at the sudden knock they received.

"Sky! Look what you and your idiot friends did! Aren't you going to apologise?!" a melodic voice chimed from further down the corridor with a hint of annoyance, echoing and resonating off the walls as the sudden scent of perfume greeted the air.

Fallon's eyes widened in fear as a thick silence hung in the air, taunting her. That wasn't in her defence was it? She willed it all to go away as she clutched the few folders she managed to retrieve tightly against her chest, not daring to breathe and focussing her attention on the remaining three folders that laid on the floor, decorated with specks of dirt and dust. A huff snapped her out of it as a hand suddenly reached out and grabbed them. Fallon dangerously let her gaze drift upwards to the pretty-faced girl stood before her wearing a warm smile.

Swiftly, she dropped her gaze. Who was this girl?

"Don't worry, I promise I don't bite. I scolded those guys for you, a thanks would be nice," the girl said, thought amusement threaded through her words.

Stuttering, Fallon quickly nodded and realised her impoliteness, "T-thank you," she managed, bowing her head in gratefulness, "Aaah," she heard a male voice start from down the corridor, "so The Nobody does have a voice."